2019 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0 T Offer

Here’s an offer I have on the above

This was their first offer, which isn’t too bad, think we’re in the same ball game.

I’m thinking of responding and asking to get adjusted cap to $29,312 with me paying first month, tags/title and CCR Tax. By my calculations, that should get me to $320 including tax. Am I on the right track here?

U can try it and see what they say.

Not bad for first offer. Yup, see if you can get the number down more though

Here’s the response I got…

He said dealer incentives were already included. He can take out acq fee but MF would increase by 0.00055. Can’t take the doc fee out but could get cap cost to $29k.

Waiting on him to tell me new payment amount… but my math gets me to $326.42

Thoughts anyone?

So I’ve done a lot of research and consideration and decided to move forward with this car. I’ll elaborate on that later Today!

I’m going to sign docs tonight and just want some help understanding why my payment doesn’t match the dealers payment.

MSRP: $31,640
Sales Price: $26,774
Monthly payment: $340.00 including 7.8% tax
Cash due at signing: $1,000
Incentives: $750 Dealer Cash (included in sales price)
MF: 0.00037
RV: 54%
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12k

Your sales price, incentives and drive-offs didn’t match. This is a better representation of your deal.

Thanks @Jon I appreciate your help. I know dealers can manipulate numbers and wanted to make sure I wasn’t getting finessed on payment or due at signing.

There might be a little fat to trim on sales price
But aside from that, any suggestions on how I can restructure the deal to make it a little better?

I wouldn’t pay for the tint, but if you already agreed to the deal, I wouldn’t suggest to re-negotiate.

A lot has transpired in getting to this point… but we agreed to the terms above on Monday. Went to take delivery on Tuesday and that’s when they told me the car I wanted was sold a week ago.

They offered to get one from Cali but I’d have to pay $500 shipping, I pushed back and they eventually agreed to cover shipping. It was gonna take at least 7-10 business days.

I’m On a bit of a time crunch and can’t wait that long. So I agreed to get a different color which was 2 hours away. I feel like I should get something in return for my troubles but I’m kind of torn on that so I haven’t yet.

Little more background… My wife’s car was stolen almost 2 months ago. It was a 2018 Honda Accord Sport 1.5T.

I ended up getting a refund from Honda for $850 after insurance paid them out and another $200 for personal items in the car that insurance paid out. Which is the reason I’m putting $1k down on the new vehicle.

We just renewed the tags in September so I’m going to transfer the old plates to the new car. I’m expecting a refund, let’s say $300 for conversation sake.

My question is… how might that affect the next lease? Should my payment improve?

So you opted for accord sport 2.0 instead of the EX-L 2.0 accord?

Insurance claim shall not affect next lease deal.

Dealer had the wrong RV on the EX-L 2.0. It was supposed to be 52% so the payment increased to $410

You have a history of your car getting stolen so you’re going to willingly put money down that’s at risk if the new one is stolen?

1 Like

Yea, I made money on my last Accord with 45k miles at lease end

and as I mentioned above, I got money back when my wife’s car was stolen. It’s not money literally out of my pocket, so I just roll it into the next one.

The $1,000 I paid at signing essentially paid my tags and first payment… cost that I would have to pay anyway.