2019 Honda Accord EX-L 1.5 $360 lease - good deal?

If you’re going to lease, find something with a large lease incentive. That my opinion. The get the BMW deals, you had to put down a few k in multiple security deposits so it wasn’t “no money down”. You get the money back at the end, but you needed to front the cash to get the money factor to drop.

The discount on the Accord doesn’t seem stellar. I helped a friend buy an EX last year and there were hidden incentives I believe. Car was $23,xxx before tax. In that price range, unless you’re a heavy commuter and really care about gas prices, i’d go Accord Sport 2.0T, more bang for the buck. I agree with the other posters though, on a lease, you could probably get something fancier for $550. I’d consider buying the Accord because it’s reliable and doesn’t depreciate. I’d lease something that I wouldn’t want to own because of terrible real world depreciation or reliability issues.

1 Like

Travel implies going past more than just a county line. Vanilla has fans too, I guess.

Lol @Electric those hidden incentive of accord are gone since they overproduce the 2018. They got smarter so you pay a lot leasing it. Ex-l 2.0. You’re looking at $425 and up. Kinda ouch. Sooo, just buy the accord and enjoy it. Sell it after 5 years with 75k miles and you’re way ahead than leasing it. And definitely get the 2.0. No brainer

1 Like

I wouldn’t be caught dead paying $400+/mo for a Honda anything (Maybe a Type-R Civic to possibly make money on but that’s purely profit driven)

I’ve been trying to lease a Honda ever since but I can’t find the value of the money to what they offer. Especially I don’t keep my car more than 3 years. Type R is always on top of my list but my manager told me just get a bimmer. Lol

1 Like

I think Honda Accord will continue having a tough time selling, sales year to date are off 5% and that to me is pretty significant knowing that it’s still a new generation model. With literally no incentives and high monthly lease numbers these cars are not moving like they used to. Hopefully soon Honda starts to up their programs.

1 Like

Very good deal especially with 15k.
Many people are coming back with numbers in the mid 300s which is absolutely Ludacris for a 1.5 sport so you did very well with those numbers. What’s the pro pack?

As for the BMW deals, it’s alot of luck, people will say it’s skill and time and negotiation but if that was true everyone here would leaping on the bandwagon. As you can see you tried and had no luck . I would try my hand at it with local BMW dealers near me, but I’m not in the market now.

The super good deals - yeah that requires good luck and negotiation. There was a guy that posted yesterday who got a 430i gran coupe for like $198, with no drive offs. That’s an insane unicorn hack.

That being said, I’m confused that people in this thread are unable to believe you can get a luxury car for cheaper than a Honda Accord lease payment. Even the average broker deals available in the marketplace, which require no hacking, have plenty of great cars available in the $200s. Infinitis in particular.

I want to lease an Accord Sport 2.0T so I’ve done my research.

The current round of incentives ends on the 8th. I did some research into the last 2 years’ worth of Honda summer sales events and they improved those incentives over the ones the previous quarter. While inventory isn’t as crazy as it was this time in 2018, there still seems to be a lot of 2019 inventory out there.

Even if it doesn’t improve, it shouldn’t get any worse. It’s worth waiting a week, if you don’t absolutely have to have a car this week.

If the car I want still leases in the $385-ish range once those July incentives hit, I will contact a broker to see if they can do a lot better for me on something else, anything from a Tacoma to a BMW.

As someone else on this thread suggested, that price range is Sport 2.0T money. You’re paying a lot for a leather interior. If you can forego the leather and whatever other minor comforts that EX-L has over the 2.0T, you can get a car that’s a lot of fun to drive for about the same price.

The Honda 2.0 sport should come with leather, makes absolutely no sense why they didn’t include it in the 2.0. right before they did away with the last generation sport they offered a “special edition” which included leather and heated seats, to have them release a new generation, this time with two different levels and not offer leather in the higher 2.0 trim is disappointing. Hopefully they have some changes for the 2020 models on extra interior features on the 2.0 sport moving forward, I drive the touring 1.5 so it has features all included that now I’m used to and hope to get on my next car but highly doubtful since the 1.5 touring no longer exists, might have to opt for the 2.0 touring but no way no how am I paying more than $400 for a Honda. Might opt for the XSE Camry at that point since they seem to be leasing less than touring 2.0s!! Unless they get me in a 2.0 touring for $325-$340 than I’ll take it but for now no one is getting deals on Honda’s!!

Yeah…I also have zero luck in that area as well. Ive really only had good luck at one dealership in FL. Its been much better for me to go to the NE for cars.

I looked at a Camry SE with convenience package yesterday as well. They’re first offer to me on a 36 month 12k mile a year lease was $492/mo with $2000 down… I couldn’t believe it when I saw it. I told the sales person that if you can convince anyone to pay $500/mo for a Toyota you deserve an award. Anyway, within about 5 minutes I was able to talk them down to $337/mo with only first month payment and tag transfer out of pocket. However I’m still trying to bring them down to around $320/mo. If they come down to that price I’ll probably take it.

1 Like

Yes…You can’t just walk into the dealer and ask for that. It takes the right car, right timing, right dealer. But, past he effort required, its not that difficult. You just have to be willing to hear no a lot before finally getting the yes🤪

I’m not joking with what I’m about to say but about 3 years ago I was looking to lease a 3 series and the monthly payment the dealer offered me was so absurd…It was $930/mo with $3000 down, on a F****** 3 series! I told him I could get a 7 series for that price. I still think about it till today, that was a real offer too.

Trust me, your number is good now at $337. We’re just saying Honda leases are currently super bad. I checked the numbers you initially posted and it doesn’t matches with the calculator. With $337/month it seems like they’re discounting you 18% off MSRP. Then, take that one.

For an idea of what a broker can do on a Honda with the incentives expiring July 8, see Mani’s post: FL JULY'19 - Honda Deals Civic $196+tax, Accord $254+ tax, CRV $288+tax and Pilot $410+tax ONLY 1st DAS

The $254 for the Accord is probably on a lower trim.

Everyone should realize the good 4 series deals are due to loyalty (110 per month) as well as OL (20-45 per month) without either it’s hard to get a sub 300 430 deal. Also the Accord is much bigger than the 4 series or 3 series so it caters to different people.

1 Like

The Sport 2.0T is in the same price range as the EX-L. I’d use that for an approximate comparison.

36/10 for $355+tax for a comparably priced Accord from a broker that is respected here. $360 including tax for what looks like 36/12 or 36/15 (55% residual) seems like a good deal in comparison to what that broker is offering.

I think I may have just talked myself into saying that’s a great deal. But I still believe (don’t know, so take it for what it’s worth) that you might do $10-15/month better come July 9.

$492 and $2000 down for a Camry SE with convenience package :rofl::rofl: I would have been sure let’s do this and as soon as he was about to take my info I would have been like got yaaaa…and laughed right in his face. And isn’t it funny how quick you were able to knock down the price by thousands of dollars. I bet you half of those customers would have taken the $2000 and $492 a month deal. I believe you can easily get that even less than $320 with a little time. To be honest that car can be had for upper $200s.