2019 G70 - fart car discount

I’m doing my homework for how to negotiate on a 2019 G70 2.0T w Elite package. MSRP is $42,940. With supplier discount it appears the “deal” price is $39,494 or 9% off. There also appears to be around $6,500 in incentives because the cap cost reduction in the fine print of the ad is $11,500 with $5,000 DAS (is this assumption correct?)

I’m told the one model that matches what I want (ONLY Elite package and not more, specifically 2.0T) is a loaner car currently in the service dept with between 3,000 and 6,000 miles on the odometer. I’ll see for myself when I look later this week.

What ballpark should I be trying to negotiate based on the loaner car status? At $0.25/mile it would be $750-1500. KBB for a “Used” one with 4,000 miles is like $2k-5k off. Do any of these numbers seem reasonable to you experienced guys and gals?

Lastly, I’m hoping for MF between 0.001-0.002 and expecting RV on a 12,000 mile/yr lease to be around 49%. Am I dreaming? Do these seem realistic? I’ll find out from the dealer what they’re starting at this week but I want to have an idea in my head of what’s “correct” when they give me their numbers.

TIA everyone.

For the MF, did you check with Edmunds? They will tell you exactly what incentives, buy rate MF and RV it will be for the month.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the tip. Do you mean on the forums? I see a range… MF looks better than I anticipated, RV actually looks worse!

Yup, if you go to the Edmunds forum https://forums.edmunds.com/categories/hyundai and find the correct thread. If there is no thread, just create a new one and ask for the Incentives/RV/MF for whatever term and miles you are looking for + your zip code. This way, you will know what the buy/base rate MF will be and whether the dealership is marking it up. The RV can not be manipulated.

Thank you very much, I found it. In case anyone else stumbles upon this and doesn’t want to search Edmunds

2.0T Elite AWD (apparently zip doesn’t matter nationwide USA)
12,000/36month
MF .00011
RV 45%
5,500 lease cash; 1,000 bonus cash; 1,000 dealer cash

Per Edmunds in a response for numbers on a 2.0t Advanced:

.00001 MF and 45% residual
$5500 lease cash
$1000 bonus cash
$2500 dealer cash

This doesn’t seem to include the Competitive Owner Coupon which could be another $1k.

That residual is such a killer, but even paying MSRP (which you shouldn’t do) and qualifying for all $10k in rebates you’d be at $356/month before tax with zero due at signing.

I’ll probably make an attempt to get one in the $250/month ballpark, which is probably an effort in futility. Doesn’t hurt to try though.

Any thoughts on what price to try to negotiate to? With invoice at $41k and supplier discount at $39.5k do you think trying to get $37k before incentives for the 2019 demo car is reasonable? 13.8% off MSRP?

The rules of negotiation are pretty simple. You can always go up. I start at an absurd price. Sometimes they come back insulted and just say no. I then ask what they can do. They in turn come back with an absurdly high price and then we can start negotiations. Try starting at $35k.