2019 Chevy Bolt - Purchase

There is variation based on local market demand…supposedly.

Dealer discount is now $6272. Somehow they found another $1300…

Type the VIN into Carvana with some miles on it, would they give you more than your cap cost would be minus the post sale tax credit?

1 Like

Moved to off ramp. Not a lease.

1 Like

$100 in equity after the tax credit :confused:

That’s pretty darn good if you like the car. Guaranteed positive equity from day one on a purchase is nothing to sneeze at, even if it’s not much.

Yeah I guess. I sold a 2018 Leaf I was leasing to Carvana in Feb that had a huge leasing rebate/VPP/loyalty/dealer discount on it and made $3900 off it. I now have a 2018 Leaf I purchased that I am probably $2k under water on according to Carvana but put nothing down on it and still have the $7500 tax credit to file, so $100 in equity doesn’t seem that great compared to those 2 deals. I also lose the $1000 in Leaf loyalty if I switch brands. Idk seems really borderline, which probably means don’t pull the trigger.

Wtf on this Bolt, $44.5k MSRP and it’s worth $25.5k driving off the lot. Unreal.

1 Like

You might be able to get more from a GM dealer, but yeah, that’s GM.

My fiancee’s terrain is worth less than the RV after 8 months in it :man_facepalming:

1 Like

My sister had a 2016 Terrain Denali, her first lease. She loved that truck (it was VERY nice), but it was the perfect case study in why you lease:

• terrible upside-down residual at every point, including at disposition)
  • multiple trips for service (light reflectors with condensation in them, malfunctioning power tailgate, the entire infotainment screen and system had to be replaced after several other repairs). Not a lemon but many smaller problems with multiple repairs and her dealer didn’t do loaners.

All kittens become cats. When you lease, it’s someone else’s and not yours. She’s rocking a Highlander now.

Just FYI - I just looked on Carvana the 2019 BOLT LT is now pricing at 21k trade in with 5k miles. The value went down by 3k in 2 weeks …

2 Likes

It seems the more the discounts the bigger the RV hit…no free lunch.

1 Like

There is still a moderately priced lunch courtesy of state and fed rebates. But yeah, the wholesale of this BOLT is going down the tubes faster than Monica Lew… anyway, I digress

1 Like

Yeah my Bolt deal wasn’t nearly as good as yours since no state incentive here.

My Leaf SV w tech that I purchased in May will be a decently free lunch. Had a $7500 Nissan incentive, $3300 dealer discount, VPP, $1k loyalty and I get to file the $7500 tax credit. The net price was $17,5xx out the door and it MSRPd for $36.9k. It essentially had no tax since I traded in a 2018 Leaf I had leased 3 months prior. I have a feeling Nissan will be trying to push inventory before the end of the year…

1 Like

A dealer offered me $18k in trade-in value for my '17 loaded Premier Bolt with 50.5k miles. I should probably take that then…
btw, still no $0 down/$99 Bolt leases. :smiley: