2019 Camry LE with Convenience Package 20% off?

Hi fellow hackers I’m being given an 2019 Camry LE with Convenience Package with an MSRP of $26,988 for $21,142. Plus an additional $500 off for loyalty. I didn’t even have to do that much work for this deal. Sounds too good to be true. I’ve asked dealer for final numbers. So I will report back.

This deal is from Maita Toyota and I’ve been told by a member its hard to get them to budge on numbers.

Edmunds forum for lease numbers in my area are as follows:

36/12
.00001 and 55%
$750 lease cash( don’t need this they have me $1500 rebate already)

I come up with 193 payment per month with tax included.

Maybe rumors are true. That people want SUVs more than sedans.

Wishful thinking? Let me know your thoughts.

Did they offer you that as lease or purchase? Seems like purchase, and the numbers will change if you say you want to lease it.

Lease…I told the guy lease and he said “let’s do it”

So ask that he email you the worksheet and sign the papers if they are giving you a Camry for under $200.

Yep waiting on reply right now.

Maita in Sacramento? They’ve been solid for my family in the past. Looks like a good deal!

Yep Maita in Sacramento. Too early to call a good deal tho. I haven’t seen numbers yet. Still waiting. NorCalHackr wdym by “solid”? Bought at leat 5 cars of em never a smooth deal. The last one which was last year around presidnet’s day sales manager told me I had to pay the deposition fee even though I was leasing another car from Toyota. Told him about it being waived if I lease another Toyota. Told me no not true. I said ok. Waited till I got to finance guy. Pulled up offical toyota language. He said ok.

My future FIL and niece leased from them in the last year, pricing was solid. I’ve had even better luck with fleet guys in Elk Grove for my fiance and sister’s vehicles.

Ok I got a response from Maita. Prepare yourself for a long story…
For your entrainment:
So I Got nothing in writing. Kept asking for it in email 3 times. Then I got a a call me for “an amazing deal.” Called them. They’re amazing deal was $277 per month with $700 due at signing. I said I’ll pass. They’re like what wrong with it. Told em I thought I was getting the sales price in the email with the additional $500 loyalty. They said no. I said am I even getting a lease cash discount? They said no there is no lease cash, Edmund reports $750 lease cash. Did some mental gymnastics to confuse me by telling me how money factor being so low makes up for anything better than lease cash. I said “I’ll pass”. Hung up before I could even get the phone off my ear.

Moral of the story. Maita hasn’t changed their behavior. They will manipulate you by making you feel like your getting some “special pricing”. Say stuff like I can’t do this or that this number makes up for that.

Dear reader, you have come for the truth and let me tell you. I have been working lease deals for my family for years. When I did my moms first lease on her 2015 RAV4 we got the $1500 rebate and I asked them to stack the $750 lease cash on top of it. But I was told I had to choose one or the other. They can do whatever they want whether it’s using rebate that’s for financing towards a lease and combining the two. They can do it. Stupid mental Gymnastics like how the money factor is low make up for this and that is BS. You get the lowest MF and you negotiate the price they aren’t related at all.

If you think Maita has treated you well, go and look at your contract and look for their little add ons and how they make their money back.

These guys haven’t learned a thing. I even took the survey from last year regarding the deposition fee ordeal. The sales manager called and apologized right after I submitted it. But here they go again. Not learning or earning my trust. Yes I am taking my business else where and you should too. If you see my email exchange you will know why this post is so passionate.

So um, why do you keep going back to them if they’re such mamzer to you?

3 Likes

Easy because not all salesmen represent dealerships. Some sales persons are good, some bad (liars). I am beginning to think after this tho that it may just be Maitas culture from top down.

You really just have to lay it out there up front that you want every incentive and interest reduction that the programs will allow for and that their cooperation will insure not only your repeat business but referrals as well.

Agreed Electric…while I didn’t lay it out like that. I did make clear what I wanted (price and incentive). In terms of repeat business I told him about the survey and how he can find me. Like I said if you see my email you will know why.

Ok I’m going to be real here. I do expect to be upselled on things. I expect mild manipulation. And that’s okay. But when I set forth specifically what I want and you say “let’s do it” then come back to me with something totally not what’s in the email is insulting and straight up lying.