2019 BMW x7 x40i - IL

yeah no problem, keep us updated.

Is this any good:

Thanks

Im trying to get them to $1035 and they arent taking it anymore haha

1 Like

I am in southern california and have been watching these cars collect dust on lots for months now…especially the 50i. They are hesitant to give any decent discount via email as they assume you are going to shop them. As others have stated push for 12-15%. I get 10% just by walking in the door at this point as they need to move these units. X7 sales are down almost 40% month over month and the 20s for bmw and Mercedes are on the way. Watch the back end as thats where they will try and make up any discounts. Buy MF is where they try and hose me everytime.

The deals up to you. I’d try more dealers for 12%off if someone will do it. And if you can swing multiple security deposits (which are refunded after the lease) you can lower the mf which will reduce your payment.

Alrighty, will try for atleast 12%.

Also, how is the capped taxes calculated? And how do they come up with the monthly payment of 1052, with all thse numbers.

It would be nice to understand what they are doing to get to the monthly payment figure, or how it is calculated.

Try using the leasing calculator on this site. I have found it very helpful for understanding the breakdown. There are a ton of knowledgeable folks on here and fun to learn from all the x7 threads. I cant figure out your Capped taxes and how it was calculated and i would love to know why they gave you 2 points on the residual…assuming to lower your cost?

Heres the calculator, no if you mess with the MSD’s you’ll see the MF drop which inturn drops the monthly payment. Also you can see the difference in price if you got a 12% discount. Now in light of everything, if you can do MSD (which are refunded at the end of the lease) and get more of a discount then do it.

But its up to you for what you’re willing to pay for the vehicle, make the right deal for you.

Thanks, you are a life saver. they arent budging more than 10%. I guess i just have to keep trying at different dealers.

Again try cargurus and search the dealers around. Theres a good amount near your agrea. Make the drive if necessary unless you’re fine with 10%?

Fine with the drive, but stupid carmax really devalued my Audi q7 at 46k. Vroom is giving me 55K and I am waiting on carvana for their offer.

The dealer wanted to give me 51k, so I also have to try to break even on my payoff.

Yeah im not sure what your payoff but you can always use:

https://www.autotrader.com/instant-cash-offer/?LNX=TIMATCHPLGOTESTGROUPG

Thanks, i did try that before and this is what i get:

If the dealer doesnt budge on the offer for your trade, just sell it to Vroom. No point leaving money on the table. [Unless you are in a full tax state and trading into dealer will reduce your tax burden, then that needs to be factored in.]

Yup, I was thinking the same. Payoff is close to 53K.

Also with MSD, since it is refundable, i read something along the lines of its sometimes a better deal to do a MSD since APR is related and you can make a profit, or did I mis read it.

Wait so Vroom is above your pay off? Then do that!

And yes theyre refundable sans certain exclusions that the dealer can tell you.

And did you decide on the X7?

Yes it is, but I also put down a 10k deposit lol… So in 5 months, I will be loosing close to 8.5k on this car.

Lesson learnt, never buy a luxury car, always lease if it works better for you haha

Edit: Dealing with a couple of other dealers now, trying to get 12% off MSRP hehe, 3 bailed out, 2 are twisting my arm lol

Seems like you aren’t financially stupid so why are you trading in the car and taking a bath?

Love the X7 that much or does the Q7 just suck?

Yeah I don’t think I understand this? I mean the X7 has captains chairs, sure but I mean idk if it makes me run out and switch out of it so soon? But hey who am I to judge, its your money and you can spend it your waY!