Taxes: $3,848.29
Fees: $626.00 (doc, title, & license)
MF: .00118 (effective 4/6)
Residual: 54%
Term: 36/15k
Monthly: $727.66
DAS: First month + $626

Looks like a bad deal.

How do you know the MF will be .00118 on 4/6? Will the RV remain the same? Will 2019s still be leasable at that time?

The GSM emailed me this morning letting me know new MF and the RV will remain the same, he sent me the 2019 loaner quote so I assume they will still be eligible. I thought it was a bad deal too based on what I’ve seen in the searches.

What state are you in for this lease?

20.75% pre-incentive discount is not bad. Not sure if there might be more incentives to qualify for.

@tuccs14 Are you in one of those states where you have to pay the sales tax on the full price of the car? Also, is that in the monthly payment already? Double also, how many miles on the loaner?

The quoted monthly payment and DAS amounts don’t equate to a 20.75% discount, even if taxes are on the entire sales price.

Quoted in IL

Yes, taxes are rolled into the monthly. There are 4235 miles on the X5.

Based on those numbers, I’m getting $700 /mo with that DAS amount.

Are you in Chicago by chance?

That doesn’t seem that bad at all. If it was 12k and you added loyalty it might be closer to a 1% deal. I’m shopping in southern california and am having a hard time getting close to a deal like that

And that 1% number still would be irrelevant.

1 Like

what do you mean?

The 1% rule is not a useful metric for anything.

Fair enough. I haven’t seen a lot of posts for a X5 lease doing a whole lot better. Maybe I’m mistaken

2 Likes

Oh, there probably are some better and probably are some worse. Point is just that going off of the 1% number doesn’t inform you if it’s a good deal or not.

2 Likes

FWIW I’ve been looking for X5 loaners and regular out here in SoCAL and haven’t been quoted any great deals lately. We have to have 3rd row which drastically reduces inventory, but this DAS and monthly is still a better deal than I’ve been quoted.

In late-Dec 2019, I paid less on a new 2019 X5 at a higher MSRP. I’m LA (SoCal) btw. Here you go for reference - hope it helps! Signed: 2019 BMW X5 xDrive40i ($639mo + tax, $700 drive-off, no MSD)

3 Likes

The X5’s third row is a joke. No one who “has to have a third row” should be shopping X5s.

3 Likes

This is true, but if we’re trashing third rows, that GLE third row is like a piece of garbage 1" off the floor. Finding a 3rd row with decent in-car tech, drive assist, and not a giant beast of an SUV is fairly tricky. We only stick small in-laws back there 1x a month or so (pre-pandemic), and the X5 third row works.

It’s called a Hyundai Palisade

@BoardWalkNJ what other changes for 4/6?