2019 BMW X3 M40i - Chicago Area

Hi All,

Deal is below… I’m in Chicago so we have way more extra taxes and I decided to roll them all into the lease. They verbally told me they are giving me the rack rate for money factor, but I’m pretty sure I messed up and left some $ on the table there as I missed this in the paperwork.

For the lease below, the rent charge is $5400 which I think is way to high… It was a long day, and I just flew into the city and needed a car asap.

With all these different lines, can someone help give me the formula to use the rent charge to calculate my MF?

**MSRP: $62xxx
**Selling Price: $55xxx with incentives = $51xxx (~18% off MSRP)
**Monthly Payment: $794 + 71.49 TAX = $865
**Cash Due at Signing: $1st month payment = $865. All other Chicago Taxes + fees rolled in
**Extra Chicago Tax: $4000 rolled into cap cost.
**MSD:N/A
**Incentives: $3,750

**Months:36
**Annual Mileage:15K
**MF:Unknown - $5400 in rent charge
**Residual: 56%

**Region: Chicagoland

**SPB Select wear and tear, will cancel ($1595 included now as well) unless people think its a good idea?

Thanks for the help!

Is the discount with incentives. Looks pretty good was this Joe petrillo?

18% was with incentives yes. I wouldn’t recommend the dealer I went with, so I won’t mention them here.

They verbally told me it has Drivers Assistant Plus, but it really only had Drivers Assistant. I shouldn’t have reviewed the build sheet in more detailed, but with everything else going on - I missed it. Live and learn!

TBH it looks brutal but the heavy tax burden didn’t do you any favors here.

Yeah - without the Chicago tax & $1600 protection thing (which I will cancel soon) is ~$155/mo lower.

Protection thing is a hit and miss. 3/15 is a lot of butt in seat time and a lot can happen especially if people other than you drive or ride regularly.

I think that discount before incentives is low
you can do better

Combined discount and rebate I was 18%? I’m more worried about the rent charge… any idea how to calculate the MF with the data above?

based on your #s
MSRP 62,000
Selling Price: 58,750
Discount 5.24%
Discount: $3,250
Incentives: 3,750

You should separate discount and rebates/incentives
incentives is if you qualified no matter the dealer generally
discount is what the dealer is giving you
5.24% discount is a horrible in my opinion
i got my x4 M40i for 11% off before incentives

I think you can do much better

it would be useful also for people to have the lease calculator link and you can also check dealers Share Deals & Tips

1 Like