2019 BMW M550i Lease Transfer; Los Angeles $777/month+Tax 12k Miles Per Year; $1000 down+$500 transfer fee

Doesn’t impact lease return, but can impact potential for equity, and for dealers to be flexible with turning in early.

1 Like

No, I wouldn’t…

2 Likes

It’s a BMW, BMW’s never have equity. Lol. And it’s almost never a good idea to turn a lease in early.

1 Like

Rarely will have any impact, but dealers can buy vehicle back at market value 120 or so days before. Accident basically guarantees they won’t since bmw doesn’t lower the residue iirc.

1 Like

BMW’s have the most inflated residual values in the industry, that’s why they lease better than the other higher end brands. I’ve never seen a lease return’s payoff come close to the consumer or dealer’s buyout amount

2 Likes

But dealers can buy vehicle from bmw at below residual within 120 days of maturity. Occasionally can be worth it for them to eat remaining lease payments (esp if low mileage). But never if there was an accident.

1 Like

It’s not worth it 99.9% of the time for BMW and I don’t think a potential buyer will want to trade it in early considering how aggressive of a deal it is for an M550i. If you’re not interested in the car, please move on. Thanks.

6 Likes

Just to confirm, this is the M550i, not M550xi, correct?

It’s an M550xi, all M550 are xDrive

2 Likes

Ok, that’s what I was thinking. Your listing shows M550i

It’s called the M550i Xdrive, not M550XI. My listing is correct.

2 Likes

PSA - I sell cars for a living (a majority of them BMW) and kind of know what I’m talking about, so I don’t really need any tips/am not here to argue… :slightly_smiling_face: I appreciate all of the interest though.

6 Likes

You are absolutely correct, your listing is accurate.
My 740i lease expires in January, if this car is still available, I’ll ping you.

Buyer backed out, still available

3 Likes

Forgot to mention… If we’re going to go through the trouble of doing a BMW credit app and getting you approved, please don’t try to renegotiate the deal after we’ve agreed to it… not going to motivate me to pull through with the transfer since it’s a fun car to drive. :rofl:. I’m firm on my $1,000 asking, this is the lowest priced m550i on the market even after thats considered.

3 Likes

I know we’re on a website where the object is to get the most bang for your buck that’s just reprehensible.

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if you got $3,000 listing this on SAL but kudos for paying it forward for forum members to get a great deal out of it.

2 Likes

Such a scummy move. Guarantee prospect went into the process with that in mind from the start.

2 Likes

bump.

Why’d you have to get me the 540i. Now I want this ;/

Lol. My bad bro :rofl: