Transferred - 2019 BMW 640I GT - $82k msrp / $527 per month, 14 months left

Yeah, shipping and transfer fees on a short term lease really add on to what is a great deal.

Yeah it is a delta hub but how do I get the car to Southern California?

You road trip it back and use 1/3 of the remaining miles left on the lease, LOL.

Alternately, you ship it and spend probably $1200 or so, and then it becomes obviously not quite as attractive due to the number of months left.

So I agree, this is best for a fairly local transfer. For someone in that scenario, this is a mice deal.

In 2019 I had an unemployed friend who was willing to drive a car across the country for me (his idea).

I decided against it when I considered the price of the car, and how early in the day he normally starts smoking weed and never really stops.

8 Likes

Spend $200 on listing on swapalease, that car should go quickly ā€¦ I just did a BMW transfer, took one week, Wednesday to Wednesday with paying overnight FedEx.

Rather than incentivizing $1000 why donā€™t you offer someone on SAL that youā€™ll pay for shipping anywhere on east coast. Same $1000, likely less but it mentally helps someone getting over the hurdle to pay for shipping

1 Like

Lots of interest so it likely wonā€™t make it to SAL.

If it does itā€™s not going there with any incentive. All of the cars there are $200+ more per month and some with less miles. I did the extra $1,000 for the LH community as thatā€™s how I found out about the deals on these cars.

It makes the most sense for someone less than 500 miles away. I can pick you up at MSP and you can drive it home.

2 Likes

Questions and TIA as im learning all this newā€¦how does the transfer to say NY work with regards to the taxes(NYC 8.875%)ā€¦what is the amount i would be paying taxes onā€¦? is it the total of my payments? or is it a total of something elseā€¦? ā€¦and one last question how much does it cost to have a vehicle shipped 1200 miles to me as the driving would kill a whole month of milesā€¦
lastly the residual is the cost i may buy the vehicle if per say i was interested in an end of lease purchaseā€¦thanks again its a great deal for someone

1. Donā€™t ask the same question across multiple threads.

2. Search the forum for shipping companies and brokers: ask them for quotes.

3. Forget about buying any BMW lease from the good olā€™ days at RV because youā€™ll end up being under water.

hey appreciate the replyā€¦understoodā€¦will doā€¦and thanks for that tip

wow, dream config. good luck!

as a DP - Shipping from MSP to NYC was quoted at $1375 with one of the LH well-regarded shipping brokers.

Two more days and sheā€™s headed to swap a lease. Lots of interest but no application to BMW yet.

Sheā€™s now up on Swap-a-lease - 2019 BMW 6 Series lease in Edina, MN

If you contact me through LH I will honor the $1,000 off, which you could use for shipping.

Car is pending. One past application stage and multiple backups. Thanks everyone.

1 Like

Let mods know to re-open, if this fails