2019 BMW 540i Lease

Hey guys,

Back in December 31st, 2016, I think I got a great deal on my 535i msrp of 64k *m sports, driving assistance, convenient pack, heated seat. I can’t remember the numbers in detail but I was able to manage $540 including tax.

Now my lease is ending in 3 month. I’m keep getting this deal from a local dealer and telling me there is 5k incentives and 4k dealer money to help on upgrading my car to 540i.

I feel like the incentives/deals for this month is pretty good. Do you guys think that I should walk in to see an possible upgrade? I think their trying to get rid of 2019 out of lot for 2020

I looked at their site and was able to pin point on the one I like but its nearly 68k msrp
I aim for my lease to be around 500ish including tax with minimal down, I’m willing to change the car today

My losses will be 3 remaining payment. Front left tire (three were replaced) and maybe a scratch on front bumper…

4k dealer discount on a 60k car? That’s very weak. Need at least 12-13% off . And I doubt they are eating ur 3 payments. Probably rolling it in?

Hey Nathan, $500s payment (pre-tax) with zero DAS on a $68k is most certainly doable given the healthy September incentives. You may want to do a quick search on how others have recently fared on the 540i and target accordingly. Also check what reputable brokers here are offering with no effort on your part.
Of course I wouldn’t advise going into any dealership until numbers have been agreed to in writing.
And it’s also worth checking for any retired loaners with less than 5k miles as those are usually more ripe for hacking.

Perhaps with inceptions&msd due up front and yes before tax factored in.

Thanks guys! Sorry for the confusion here. The quote was based on written offer from the dealer just few days back. I haven’t had amy chance to meet the sales team so the i believe the discount can be given a little more. Hopefully i can be at low 500s including tax.

So the dealer is not paying for the remaining payment. However the dealer website says they have their own pull ahead program where they pay up to 1k for the last payment.

Do you think I should give it a shot today?

I’m willing to eat my hat if the dealer eats the payments, instead of rolling it into your new car.

Yeah. They’ll pull the payments out of the current car and push them into the new one. Even if you don’t see it, it’s getting paid whether by way of smaller discount or MF increase.

Make yourself very knowledgeable of every aspect of the deal, research lots of comparable deals, negotiate everything via email. Don’t step foot in the door of the dealership until you already have a deal.

1 Like

Didn’t you post yesterday?

2 Likes

Sorry just had some more questions :frowning:

1. Atleast get 11% on a new car. Check CarGurus and search in your area and sort by listing. Find cars that have been on the lot 200-300 days and u will get 12-15% discount on those sometimes.
  2. Payment is irrelevant. I know how it sounds. You can only negotiate the dealer discount. Other things are fixed. Try finding an OL code for additional 500

I have not seen a NEW in CA market on this forum. Yes to loaners. I spent a lot of time for a 5 series a few months ago and I don’t think 15% is happening unless u are very lucky. 13% should be doable. Maybe 14

That was not 16% off. He didn’t know how to use the calculator and was grouping incentives into selling price discount.

1 Like

Pretty new to the intelligent leasing game. Wanted some feedback. Tried to swing the 12% MSRP discount and they scoffed pretty hard.

2019 BMW 540xi (new, not demo / loaner)
36/15k
MSRP: $68,000
Incentives: $4,250
MF: .00148 (refused .00128)
RV: 58% (odd as Edmunds says 57%)
Drive off: $3,600 (taxes, first month, etc.)
Monthly: $650 (effective $750)

Couldn’t get a selling price as they offered me the $650/month as I was walking out disappointed. Any feedback? Should I have taken it?

Recently picked up a 2019 540i demo. $68,3xxx msrp for $512/mo inc NJ tax. $0 down. $3800 MSD. 36/10k.

No loyalty. Had corporate discount ($500), OL code ($500), and conquest. Hope that helps give you some kind of reference point.

1 Like

Assuming it’s 68K. I don’t think there is anyway to be at 500 without money down.

Here is a breakdown with 13% off MSRP, 3250 lease rebate, 2000 loyalty. 0 msd.

You are at $687 with 0 drive off.

A loaner would probably be around $610-$620 a month.

reference data, signed 2 weeks back in SoCal, new 540i

Is this vehicle still available for lease?