2019 BMW 530i Lease - First attempt

Just an update…
So I am finding the 3 dealers in Houston I have talked to so far are insisting their demo car prices listed online include the rebates. :confused:

They don’t even want to consider adding in the lease cash available. Two of them told me they are running a for profit business when I said you have a deal if you add in the lease cash + MF at 0.00145.

What I asked for. Price is what’s on the website. Two asks were: adding rebate and lower MF. They said a higher selling price (higher than the website), 0 rebate, and 0.0020 MF…and money down.
…came out to 742 with 1500 down. lol.

So you are saying I should wait until 9/1 if I’m in the market for a 5 Series?

You should check out BMWPros out of Alpharetta, GA. I took delivery of two 540i’s from Brian Epstein and his team. If necessary, PM me and I’ll supply his personal contact number.

Thank you. However, I am in California. U know… the same thing as georgia but dry heat instead of humidity and 2500 miles way.

My bad. Email or call Dave Townsend
951-440-2483 call/text
dave.townsend@bmwofmurrieta.com

No tax credits available currently.

Makes sense, interesting how quickly they were to brush you off though.

The website has a discount of 12,457 (20%).

He goes I am giving you 10K off…
“The website price includes all incentives assuming you qualify for loyalty”

Loyalty is $2,000. I guess they’re implying that lease cash is a discount offered by them (the dealer) which is patently untrue.

Am I being unreasonable asking for the 3250 lease cash when the car is discounted 20% on the site?

530i lease cash is $2,250.

Sorry yes. I have been going back and forth between models.
The last quote was about a 540i.

Many dealers will include incentives in their website pricing. Some won’t, and you won’t know which one until you ask. Once I sent a strongly worded email to their GSM saying that this is BS and false advertising and fraud blah blah and he agreed to make it the price before incentives . YMMV

2 Likes

Good negotiation tactic. Understand though that you are one in 1,000 or more people that will notice this and use it to their advantage.

Funny thing is…i am talking to the " New Car Sales Manager". I asked him to breakdown the “discount” on the website. Let’s see what he says.

Different dealer in town. This is about a 430i loaner.

Me: It’s strange you are advertising and including a rebate that’s not coming from the dealer in the listing price. It seems like false advertising to me.

Dealer: I am sorry feel that way. Every dealership that is pricing their demos below MSRP inludes the rebate in their price point. The 4 Series is still available, and I will still honor the offer I gave you earlier, but I will not double count the rebate.

Me: The lack of transparency in what bothers me. Just state: how much are you discounting the car and what rebates (that you are not supposed to be counting) are added in there to make the price look lower than it should…

Dealer: $4,833 dealer contributed discount
$4,000 non-loyal lease incentive
Combined for a $8,833 discount. This is how we derive the price of $39,982 that you see listed online.

Me: 10% discount on a loaner. :-/. I can easily get 12-13% off new plus the rebates.

Dealer: So you’re saying if I give you 13% off MSRP ($48,815*0.13 = $6,345) plus the $4k incentive for a combined discount of $10,345 as well as the base MF, you’re ready proceed?

Me: No. I said I can get a new car for 13% off.
Why would I pay that much for a loaner?

Make sure you agree on discount on BASE MF. I’ve had atleast 2 incentives where dealership will tell u they will give u 13-14% off but will not disclose the MF until you pry

1 Like

I may be the person who cracked 18%+ on a new 4, but 13% on a new BMW is a very rare occasion.

On a 4 demo/loaner approaching 5K id say offer 20% before incentives and if you shake out at 17%/buy rate take it. 19% with a point of markup.

1 Like

This is my original offer. selling price is from their website.
we are currently at 13% off instead of 18% + base MF…or at least that’s what his last email implied.

1 Like