2019 BMW 530e - appreciate your thoughts!

So an i3 with a $7500 fed tax credit goes towards cap reduction, but the $4668 on a 530e goes to BMW? Why would they take that incentive from the consumer?

They don’t have to pass it on when it’s a lease.

I have been trying to figure that out, makes zero sense that BMW won’t pass it along when leasing. However, if u purchase the car u can get it. Which means that BMW makes more profit when you lease vs buy even thu lease vs buy incentives are relatively similar.

They don’t have to, but what makes the i3 so attractive is the federal rebate. I see a lot of 530e’s on the lot. Wonder why?

Because it’s a luxury sedan and absolutely no-one is buying them?

Also very under powered if you don’t have electric charge the engine only makes 180 hp also for people who don’t have electric charges the 530i is much better. The trunk space is also reduced in the E as well as heavier
Mhowever if you have all those other things and don’t care much about trunk space then it’s awsome because it saves quite a bit on gas

1 Like

Eh, people are buying them (Or leasing them)

Just not as many as they’d like.

Ya that’s why I passed on the E model. Initially I didn’t realize the engine was smaller than the 530i. 180hp for a 4200hp luxury car with reduced trunk space? no thanks.

It’s not smaller (Same B48 engine just detuned), and you can mostly get that power back through use of a tune.

That’s dumb of them to detune it. Would have made it quicker with the electric motor!

And make it as quick as the 540?

I suppose they could have used the 28 tune and made it a 535e…

1 Like

I know the label says 180hp but I’m.pretty sure that it makes more than that. Just like the 4 series rated output is less than it probably actually is

It’s just like the 320 2018 you can add a tune to equal it to the 330

1 Like

You can’t just ignore the 95bhp electric motor when thinking about the 530e power output. A total of 252bhp and 310lb ft of torque, whilst not blisteringly quick given the weight ratio, is certainly no Subaru Crosstrek.