2019 BMW 530e - appreciate your thoughts!

I just closed on the same car, similar deal.

I would say yours is pretty good. Maybe it could get better last day of month? But who knows…

If you do happen to want a lower price, go for lower optioned car.

I opted for less bells and whistles, frankly after coming home I never seem to care about the options that are not there.

My last car had keyless and HUD, this one doesn’t, but I didn’t realize it was not there with the new dash design anyways.

My goal was $500 or less.

MSRP $58850~
24 months /7.5

No MSDs
$750 down includes first payment

$469+tax

36/7.5 was about $12-$15 less, I thought it would be cool to get a new better tech car in 2 years anyway.

If I had done max MSDs it would have lowered about $20-$30 month. Didn’t seem worth it for 24 months.

Nice. Was it an M Sport? The look is a must for me - can’t do a dad car (again).

2 Likes

Any chance you could get an OL code before end of month? It’d help with $15-30/mo depending on dealer contribution.

1 Like

Would love to. Where would I get that and can I still close on the lease before 8/22?

Maybe check if any events in or around your area.

1. You should be atleast able to target 11% off for a new car:
    Inside BMW - Pricing Insights & Buying Process in Northeast
    and
    List of Good vs Bad BMW CA Dealers

2. The incentives don’t scale with MSRP of the car. The 3250 discount is the same on a 56k car and a 65k car. Yes, try to find a lower MSPR car if you want.

3. A LOT of so-cal dealers have the OL code event atleast once a month, usually the last weekend or second last. email around and check when is the next event. Most likely the sales rep won’t even know until a couple of days in advance.

4. You get 1000 from CCA and 1000 from utility. CA state too if you qualify.

Disagree with this line. MSDs are 10% ROI typical. Not sure where else do u get more for less risk?

1 Like

Yes, good point.

For the ROI, yes it’s good vs risk.

I thought there was a $4668 federal rebate on the 2019 530e? Was this accounted for in this lease?

BMW offers the same incentive on 530i and 530e, only way to capture that tax credit is either to purchase or do an Owner’s Choice “lease” in states where this is offered.

I’ve gotten emails from several dealers in the last week about OL events on the 24th. “Pre-Labor Day Sale”

I calculated everything out this morning and with 15% off from the dealer you could get a total of $21,XXX off a $58,395 530e car on a purchase.

$8,759 Dealer (I realize 15% might be too much to ask)
$4,500 BMW
$1,000 OL
$4,668 Federal
$1,500 CA
$800 PG&E

Are you sure there’s $4500 rebate for purchase?

Yep, just double checked on a dealer site

It’s there. :+1:

1 Like
  • Most likely you will get only $500 from OL after an aggressive dealer discount. 15% might be hard to pull off but good luck.
  • CCA is 1000 - membership fees if you don’t have it already
  • You MAY also get state but no guarantees.
  • I did calculations of buying (and selling at 3-year mark) vs leasing (w/o loyalty) and leasing still came out to be cheaper, as BMW’s residual on leasing is artificially inflated, as well as the tax hit of 9% on the residual amount is too much. YMMV

I agree that it’s probably not worth the risk on the residual and that it’s probably still better to lease than buy. That’s what I ended up doing in April.

So an i3 with a $7500 fed tax credit goes towards cap reduction, but the $4668 on a 530e goes to BMW? Why would they take that incentive from the consumer?

They don’t have to pass it on when it’s a lease.

I have been trying to figure that out, makes zero sense that BMW won’t pass it along when leasing. However, if u purchase the car u can get it. Which means that BMW makes more profit when you lease vs buy even thu lease vs buy incentives are relatively similar.