2019 BMW 430i Gran Coupe (Loaner) - 15,000 Miles - Good Deal or Not

Farmington Hills. You got another location?

The magnifying glass, top right of your screen - if you can find it and use the search function, it would be extremely beneficial to your wallet.

This quote is an embarrassment, FYI.

I appreciate the honesty. MI seems like a tough market.

Consider reaching out to @kubikdanon - I think his dealer only does deals in Ohio, but can’t hurt to double check. Could save you a bundle to take the ride.

Literally, the first thing I saw on the top of the marketplace

Hahaha. Erhard is great. If you want an even worse quote, check out Ann Arbor BMW.

I’ve discussed this many times. My opinion is that due to the huge luxury lease market in SE MI (corporate+expat), these dealers have absolutely no need to negotiate aggressively. I have yet to see a single good BMW quote or deal in SE MI.

Here’s some that have played ball with me, in order of preference;

• BMW Toledo
  • BMW Cleveland
  • Ziegler in KZoo
  • Sharpe in GR

Even with tier 2 credit.

Just an idea what theyre being hacked for.

1 Like

But just to set the record straight since OP is brand new, a 25% off deal is NOT the norm. That is a unicorn (not replicable).

1 Like

Much appreciated! I will try these locations.

Prob not, but even so - simply contacting a broker off the marketplace section would net him a nice deal… These 4 series are being pushed aggressively, and with no work at all beyond sending a PM, he could walk away with a nice deal.

Oy, Michigan. Home of the sticker price bimmer.

2 Likes

Just go on the marketplace section and contact a broker. Lots of them offering good deals on these right now.

To illustrate my point. Check out how many new and demo 2018’s that Erhard still has. Lease support on all of these ended in the last 3 months.

https://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchresults.action/?dealerType=all&dlId=418437&mlgId=28872&page=1&perPage=20&searchSource=GN_REFINEMENT&sort=relevance&yrId=35797618&zc=48335

They knew that lease support was ending and still refused to negotiate aggressively. I talked to a sales manager in person on April 28 about a demo X2 which ended lease support at the end of the month. He legit laughed in my face when I told him that I’d sign at 20% off, and told me that he would be losing money at the 12% they quoted which was ‘rock bottom’. I laughed back and walked out.

Oh look, the same vehicle is still sitting there…listed at 26% off.

Yeah, with lease support gone they will have to rely on sales rebates and discount to get it gone. Best of luck to them but they really should have struck when the iron was hot!

Maybe Vroom will take it off their hands. Speaking of which, Vroom has cooled their offers on X2’s. The same one I got $34,000 offer on now only got a $29,000 offer when I checked in again recently.

My BMW dealers do any state. Shipping also available :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You should’ve been a dick, emailed him and told him he would’ve lost less had he taken that 20% offer.

1 Like

Sweet!! An 18’ loaner X5 35i for $65k!!!

Much better than some of the redesigned 19’ 40i loaners I’ve seen for $10k less.

“Check Availability” - No thanks.

I should be but it wouldn’t matter. They really don’t seem to care how long they hold onto aged inventory. All of the dealers around here operate in this way and it boggles my mind. Any decently run dealership group should be flushing damaged goods - BMW Toledo was all out of 2018’s by mid-April and they had 12-15 of them at the beginning of the month.

What is more difficult to get rid of than a used two model year old BMW with no BMWFS rebate money? Herpes, maybe.

1 Like

You guys are making me want to start a bimmer dealership in Michigan… Sounds like it would be pretty easy to run these guys into the ground.

Only on model closeout. I’m sure these ball breakers make more than enough money off the sucker crowd to absorb the losses being incurred here on cars that didn’t sell when the going was good.