2019 BMW 330i xDrive 36 mo 15k miles $639.39 - $2000 DAS

Wasn’t it you saying ‘20% or bust’ in every single BMW thread for several months?

Replicate a SoCal or NJ or even TX/GA deal in Michigan and I will PayPal you $100. I don’t even want the car, just the quote sheet signed by a manager!

3 Likes

Never gonna hear the end of that one. Lol. Now that I’m in the middle on occasion I’m having to temper expectations. :upside_down_face:

Since @Electric electric can’t do that anymore due to his new position, I will be happy to :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Except in my case, 0.5% or bust😁. I know this metric is not well accepted by all, but I have never ever ever seen a deal posted here that was at 0.5xx% that wasn’t an outstanding one.

1 Like

On certain models (Nearly everything F chassis except M’s) you should totally still aim for 20% on 4K+ loaners and demos but getting past 17% usually becomes exponentially harder and or takes a special set of circumstances to do.

G chassis subtract 2% from that on average.

IMO (with my peabrain), it truly is simplest to think in terms of the % of MSRP metric. Of course the “good” number for any car varies, but the bottom line is that a lower number using this metric is always better. There are no exceptions to this…ever heard of a “bad” 0.4xx, 0.5xx% deal? Such a thing doesn’t exist, but there are plenty of “good” (or at least decent) 1% deals on certain cars. This is independent of the % MSRP discount, as a car with a high residual, pitfully low MF, very high rebates, etc can demonstrate a very low % of MSRP metric with average discount %.

Now of course, a high discount contributes notably and is the first thing we chase (as the other attributes are generally already well defined).

Th bottom line is the bottom line…….how much are we paying over the lease term for how much car…….as such, if one signs a 1% deal (if there is another competitive car at 0.5%-0.6% for instance), they have to really want that 1% car. And, the reality is, most of us will be swapping out of the car we just “had to have” before the end of term anyway.

1 Like

Using the OP title car for example, 1% monthly tax inclusive with usual fees DAS would be a good deal but of course no unicorn.

I am stingy…IMO the metric should include all fees/up fronts (i.e. actual net amount paid over the lease term divided by the term in months).

That’s why I said good, not great. I could probably quit my day job if I started taking on deals from bimmerpost where invoice before incentives is more or less considered the gold standard.

As has been said by others…….it takes those folks to fund our cheapskate deals :slight_smile:

2 Likes