2019 Audi S5 Sportback Premium Plus! $630/month + $3k DAS! MSRP $63k!

Keep the car, or sell it to an Audi dealer.

Looks like you’re is trying to make a little money from your lease before it expires. Doubt that will work on here but you can buy your car from your dealership early, then sell it to a company like carmax hoping that they offer a little more than what your payoff would be.

And the usual obligatory note of, “you, the original lessee is/are still responsible after the transfer.” So if the transferee defaults in any way (payments, damages) and does not keep up with payments, the original lessor is still responsible. Just wanted to point that out.

Also, there are restrictions in the final 12 months.

As others said, best bet is to sell to another Audi dealer or one of those buyers that can buy it out from you, even with AFS’ restrictions (list is on LH). And might want to do it quickly, market is softening in some areas. Good luck

1 Like

Cannot transfer out in the last 12months, only to family/relative at this point. Lots of equity in the S5SB! Run it by the dealer to buy you out. There is a $1400s fee tacked on nowadays by AFS when you sell FYI.

You think there’s a lot of equity in the S5SB? I’m not seeing it lol! I have only been getting offers that yield 2-3k in equity.

Several conglomerates listed here can process payments via VW/Audi dealers (lower payoff), such as Autonation, Carshop, possibly Rodo, etc.

As well as several LH brokers listed in that thread.

If you can yield 2-3k, why would you want to deal with transferring to someone else for 3k?

It’s more than pointless, it’s a risk. You’re on the hook for the car, even after transferring, and for what? No real gain vs selling to dealer

1 Like

Got an Audi/Porsche dealership willing to cut me a check for $5,000. Still looking to see if I could get some more elsewhere. Hoping to take this equity and put it as a down payment towards a Jeep GC Summit Reserve!

So are you asking for $5k now? If so, update your post

After all that effort you’re just going to blow it on a GC?

2 Likes

Take it and run IMO. A lease assumption at this point in your contract is a non starter unless someone is banking on equity at the end of the term.

LOL! Or a Genesis GV70! Whichever I can get a better deal on.

This is the best deal I have been able to get so far on a Jeep GC Summit Reserve. 15,000 miles per year for 48 months. Thoughts? This would require a total down payment of $6,300. My equity is $5,000, so I would really only be putting down $1,300.

Um. No. If you take your $5,000 worth of equity and use it as a Capitalized Cost Reduction or “Down Payment” and your Jeep is totaled or stolen at any point during the term of your lease, you’ll never see that $5,000 again.

But other then that…do the terms look reasonable? MF? Residual? Should I be fighting for a discount off MSRP?

Lots of brokers on this forum you can order from with a decent discount. You are going into a lease agreement longer than the basic warranty. Who is the leasing company? If it is not CCAP getting out early can/will be an issue.

It won’t matter. Let’s say you magically get almost $5,000 taken off. That’s still ~$40,000 to lease a Jeep which is insanity. And leasing something as unreliable as a CJDR product for 24k miles beyond its warranty is double insanity.

1 Like

So what’s your advice? Looking at the luxury brands as well, but simply put…NOTHING is leasing well.

Research the forum, see what deals are being reported by members or offered by brokers. If nothing appeals, extend your lease or buy the car out and sell it down the road when you find a deal that works for you.

That’s why so many people have switched to financing instead

3 Likes