2019 Audi S5 Prestige Coupe lease help

Hello all, long time reader and beneficiary of your posts and collective knowledge. I’m looking to finalize a lease deal on an Audi S5 Prestige Coupe in Florida. I know I will catch some flack for not having the MF and RV available, but I found dealers never want to give this information despite my requests for it. I have asked in the Edmunds forum but don’t have an answer yet. I know that Audi’s don’t lease particularly well, especially the S and RS models, but this is the car my wife wants. Therefore, I would like to know if this is a decent deal for an Audi, I’m sure it’s not a great deal when compared to other brands, but that’s ok. Here’s what I have:
MSRP: $65,425
Discount: $6542
Rebate: $1250
Adjusted price: $57,633
Acquisition fee: $895
Dealer doc fee: $899
Title/tags/fees etc: $1000.50

Lease terms:
$0 down
Total DAS $1744
$743/ month including taxes.
42 months
10k miles/yr

Appreciate any feedback. Thanks,
Joe

That’s actually not as bad as I was expecting considering the trifecta of:

Florida
S Audi
Prestige trim

There’s probably no recent benchmarks on the forum so shop around if you haven’t already and apply MSD.

I’m going to repeat what’s on every Audi thread when somebody asks about a prestige trim. Prestige has worse residuals and if you don’t absolutely need the features in the prestige trim you’ll do a lot better with a premium plus. As far as dealers not giving out residual and money factor. I am sorry but that is nonsense. What dealers have you worked with? Any that won’t give you that basic information is one you should walk away from. Also don’t do a 42 month lease it you will be out of warranty in the end and you don’t want to have this car out of warranty.

2 Likes

A 10% pre-incentive discount is not bad at all on an S Prestige model. Do you have a breakdown of what is included in the DAS? What is the monthly pre-tax? $1k in title/tags/fees seems excessive. Ask for a breakdown of the fees. Avoid a 42 month lease. Why not go with 36 months?

Be patient with the folks on Edmunds. It is just two guys responding to requests on multiple threads. Being the holiday season, it might take a few days for them to respond.

If this dealer is unwilling to provide you with the numbers for the MF and RV, tell them it’s a deal breaker and wait and see what they say.

Good luck.

1 Like

I appreciate the feedback guys. I know the Prestige has a lower RV. Unfortunately, there are only about 10 S5s left in Florida, and the only one’s my wife likes appearance-wise happen to be Prestige models. Ironically, she doesn’t actually care about all the options. What can you do.

Joe

I do actually have a breakdown of the fees, I combined them for the post since they are all county/state charges I cannot negotiate. The car has a 48month warranty, so I am choosing the 42 months as this gets the car into a bit more comfortable payment for me. Is there a reason other than warranty coverage to avoid longer term leases?
Joe