2019 Audi A4 Offer - Thoughts wanted

Hello everyone,

I’m working on a deal on a 2019 A4 Preimium Plus Quattro, I’ve found a dealer who has a few 2019’s they are trying to get rid of.

Details here:
2019 Audi A4 (loaded, premium plus, black optics, sport pkg, B/O)
MSRP: $51,130
Selling Price: $41000 (19.8% off)
Monthly Payment: $469.73 before tax
Drive-Off Amount: $1426 (1st month and fees)
Months: 42
Annual Mileage: 10,000
MF: 0.00009
Residual: 44%

Link here:

I’ve got a few months left on my current lease, but I can end early with no penalty. I know Audi’s don’t typically lease very well, but this seems like a decent deal for the car.

Let me know what you guys think. Am I better off just trying to swing a deal on an M340i? Wait for better deals before June?

Thanks!

What incentives are they rolling into that discount?

It’s my understanding that there is $3,500 market allowance on the car. No incentives/rebates otherwise.

Why not do a 36 month lease instead of 42 months?
Taking into account the $3500 incentive, your pre-incentive discount is barely 13%. I would aim for a bigger pre-incentive discount given it is a 2019 model.

36/10 doesn’t really change the deal much as the residual on that is 48%. See here, about $20 higher at 36/10:

I could maybe push for more, but the best deals I’ve seen researching are right around 20% off with incentives. Usually coming out of CA or east coast as well, which incur added costs for me. (flight/shipping)

I would not want to lease a car for more than 3 years, but that’s just me. If you are not adding Audi care, you will be responsible for the 20k and 30k service.

I would ask for a bigger discount. Aim for at least 15% off MSRP before rebates. If I were in your shoes, I would tell the dealer I would sign TODAY at 16% off pre-rebates and see what they counter with.

@jude_lawl - As a point of reference, I leased my 2018 A4 P+ 2 years ago for a little bit more than 13% off MSRP without much haggling. MF was low at the time, but residuals for 36 months/10k miles was higher at 53% (54% with Audicare).

Good luck.

Awesome, thanks for the reference point that is super helpful. Also appreciate the note on the service costs.

I’ll see if I can get a few more percent!

1 Like

2020 m340i vs 2019 A4, interesting.
Payments will go high for sure.

Go for the M340i. More bang for your bucks.

That Audi deal is not good. Have you checked the brokers’ deals?

I did check on some broker deals, the deal I was working was within 1-1.5% of those in terms of discount from MSRP.

Here’s the calculator for one that’s posted by a broker, roughly same drive off and payment is $28 less on a car with $2,500 lower MSRP:

Try looking at a M340i then. You might like it better.

Yeah, that’s what I am thinking. At this monthly payment, I should be able to find one based on recent M340i posts.

You will definitely get a loaded 330i. A M340i will be more than $500 (even with loyalty).

Good luck.