2019 Atlas SE with Tech and trade

Trading in a 2018 HIghlander, and they’re willing to give me 32k where other dealers won’t go about $28500 (KBB is $27500). Payoff of 34400 and Atlas turns out to this:
41385 Retail, 34911 sales price, 36 month 10k lease with 58% residual for 595/month after Colorado taxes. Is the trade value worth that high of a lease?

What will carvana give you for the Highlander?

Your price seems about $150 a month high compared to the other deals I have seen here. That has them burying $5500 in negative equity. They’re showing a higher trade value and making up the money in a lesser deal.

I haven’t checked with Carvana but CarMax was 28k, so 4K less!

Keep in mind that it isn’t unusual for a dealer to offer a large trade in number and then make it back up by giving you a lot less discount than you could normally get on a new car. I’d take that $32k number with a giant grain of salt.

Makes sense. Carvana is 28471. Would I work on the residual with them? The lease factor? What angle can I come at? I haven’t seen any posts in Colorado so not sure if that plays into it

I would approach the deal first without the trade involved. Residual value is what it is. MF can be marked up by the dealer. You’ll need to know what they’re charging you and what it should be. I’d start by verifying MF/RV/incentives with Edmunds and going from there.

1 Like

Why are you trying to ditch the highlander?

2 Likes

Dealer is giving you more for the Highlander but screwing you on the lease to make up for it. You are not coming out ahead. $600/month for an Atlas, just no!

We need three car seats and Highlander can’t accommodate that in the fashion we need. Atlas, xc90 or Ford Expedition are our best bets. I’ll ask for lease numbers without the trade and go from there. What WOULD be a good deal?

Buying car seats that fit the Highlander might be cheaper than the massive hit you’re taking on trading in a 1.5yr old car

5 Likes

Unfortunately we already have the slimmest car seats and there’s still buckle overlap.

Might want to check the car seat forum and the car seat lady just in case.

1 Like

What did you end up doing?