2019 Acura MDX SH-AWD. Thoughts on deal?

Hi,

Wondering about this deal. I’m trying to trade in my leased Acura RDX 7 months early to take advantage of current MDX lease deals. I’m upside down on my car by $1,340.72. The dealer won’t make any of the remaining payments because I’m greater than 6 months out…understandable. I also lose 6K miles left on my lease to transfer to new lease.
I have $3250 worth of rebates(early turn in of lease, military, and loyalty. $1340.72 of that will cover my upside down in the trade. Manufacturer incentive is $7525. I believe the MF is .00315. They wouldn’t come down on this.

Offer is 39/15K at for $495.59. First payment only due at signing.

MSRP: $47,695
Sales price: $36,500
Acquisition fee: $595.00
Total= $37,095
Gov’t fees: $223
Process/doc fees: $166.10
Capitalized taxes:$640.63
Trade allowance: $23K
Trade payoff: $24,340.72
Trade equity: ($1,340.72)
Rebate: $3,250
Cash down: Zero
Net Cap cost: $36,215.45

Please let me know if you need anything else from me to better understand my deal. Thanks for the help.

There’s no way .00315 is the base MF.

Have you gotten quotes on your current vehicle from CarMax/carvana/shift/vroom?

Base MF is .00215 with loyalty, typo?

I know, I was shocked with .00315. He told me they needed to make money somewhere.

I took it to car max, they quoted me 23K. The dealer initially quoted me 21.5K, but then upped it to 23K after I told them about car max.

Thanks

Not a typo. I told him I was expecting.00215, but they didn’t want to budge. That increases my payment about $60/month according to the calculator.

Thanks

You’re at 7.5% pre-incentive discount. There have been several deals on here at 10+% and base MF. You may want to consider a new dealer.

Then go to a different dealer. Discount isn’t that great either. Not a good deal.

Paying $7500 in rent charge on this 39mo lease wipes out the entire AFS incentive.

See if Carvana or Vroom offer more money for the RDX

Yeah, that’s what I saw as well. Thank you.

Ok, thank you.

Guys, new to this forum. It’s says according to the OP that MSRP is $47,695 and sales price is $36,500. Does that mean that I can buy this car instead of leasing for $36,500. This seems to be a awesome buy price for a 2019 Acura MDX SH-AWD

There are greater lease incentives than purchase, which is why people are leasing and then immediately buying out there lease instead of just purchasing.

Does that mean that the dealers artificially keep selling price low to have people lease ? can’t I opt to buy outright with the same selling price ?

The incentives are offered by the manufacturer, not the dealership, but yes, the manufacturer is incentivizing people to lease rather than purchase. With the higher MF that Acura offers, they make the money back on the back end.

Buying out the lease is an option. You’ll be paying the acquisition and disposition fees, which eat into the price difference a little bit, but it does seem to work out cheaper to lease and buyout the lease than to just finance in the first place.

1 Like

Interested in tryna learn this concept . Will dig into deeper into forums to see anymore details on this , hoping to lock down a MDX justvtrying to see if leasing is more practical than Preowned purchase