2019 A220 Mercedes A Class - $410 , $250 down

Hey guys, curious if I can do a little post mortem deal review with you guys. I got an A220 last week and while the car is newer and the dealer incentives arent so hot, I wanted to get your take on the deal.

2019 MB A220 4Matic
$43k MSRP
$250 down
$410 a month tax included
$4000 refundable MSD
10k/year / 30 k 3 year lease

Two things to keep in mind:

1. I was coming off of a Mercedes lease so while I couldve gone to another brand, I felt I would have a $595 “savings” if I stayed in MB
  2. Better deals on the 2019 CLA, but with the 2020 CLA redesign, I just didnt want to go into an older car. A class interior seemed better for what we wanted, but then again, dealer incentives are just non existent at the moment.

Curious what you think of the deal given these dynamics. And if you think it was a bad deal, what you would have gotten instead.

Thanks!

1 Like

Under 1% with little DAS. If you’re happy with it, congratulations.

1 Like

I personally wouldn’t pay that much for the A class but for a brand new car/model I think you did alright
However I think it may have been possible to get a c300 for that price or very close to it

What I would have gotten instead for similar payment
Alfa Romeo stelv
BMW 330/430 2019

2 Likes

Thank you. It was a tough battle for such an entry level car, but its what the better half felt comfortable in… Personally, I would’ve loved a BMW… those are both good options. My own car is coming due in the next few weeks and I am going to look into these suggestions. Personally would love the 430.

1 Like

Deffintley look into the 430 GC amazing car in my opinion

Big trunk money on the 430 GC. Couple that with loaner status and MSDs for a super cheap deal.

1 Like

Not sure how loaded this particular A Class is but it’s a nice high-tech car and a new model. This deal really isn’t bad.

1 Like

You can find a better deal on a BMW. They also offer Conquest cash on most cars if you’re coming from another brand.

A $43K A class must be pretty loaded up so I think your deal is good given the low out of pocket and MSRP to payment. If its the car you wanted and you got it at a fair price then you should rest easy. A $43K C class is basically a stripper with halogens so getting one for the same or lower payment is irrelevant. Sure there are killer deals on beemers right now but the GC has a lot of cash on it because its not popular and dated. This car is the cutting edge of where MB is going.

2 Likes

$250 DAS or $2500?

That is weird. If it’s $250 I’m sure the dealer could have spared an extra $250 to sell it. $2500 this isn’t as hot.

People that say look at the 430GC or C300 haven’t been in a new loaded A class. Though its a bit small, I think it blows both those out of the water, beautiful car!

Enjoy it and be glad you didn’t have to pay a high “early adopter premium” considering how new the car is :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Depends what you are after—RWD > FWD in some people’s opinions. And some are taller and fit in a bigger car better.

If I’m after a FWD car, I wouldn’t go :de: as the Asian folks make a great FWD for fewer dollars. But that’s just me.

Edit: good deal on a new model, OP. Enjoy!

:bat:

2 Likes

And some people (who have walked around the car but didn’t sit inside) think the car’s interior looks much better in pictures than it looks in person…

Glad you feel that way… that’s how I looked at it. It really didn’t feel entry level when you step inside the car

I felt like they hit a grand slam the moment I stepped inside… the features and attention to detail more than made up for the fact that it’s an entry level MB.

Looks cool. The air vents kinda look like my garbage disposal though. I prefer my G20 330i interior but I wish BMW had some of options MB offers on the lower levels like panorama roof. ventilated seats etc.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

I think if you’d waited a while you’d probably have gotten a better deal but for a new car, it’s not bad.

I have to say, whilst I detested the old CLA - it felt horribly cheap in a way no Mercedes should, the new A Class has a seriously impressive interior. I sat in one at Hertz in LAX on Monday (they seem to have a bunch of them at the moment) and whilst pretty cramped - it’s still a compact car - I thought the interior was easily the best in this segment.

I wish they gave us the hatch in the states though.

I only peered into one that was parked on the street (which is obviously very diff than actually sitting in one), but I didn’t like the interior. I think the A-class (and C-class, to a certain extent) photography better than they actually appear in real life. I thought that floating digital gauges panel (which looks amazing in photos) seemed really odd in-person.

Off-topic: Rumors is that the CT4 (old ATS) might go down a segment in price (it was already pretty much there in size); I think it’s a pretty compelling choice, despite being old (new interior and electrical architecture, though).