2019 530e owners choice deal - good? Update: signed!

Hello Hackr’s,

Is this a good deal for Owners Choice? Some of the dealers claims:

1. No Loyalty cash as this is a 2019 only Conquest (I do not qualify for College Grad or any others rebates)
  2. Dealer can offer tax credits only on a Lease (6% out of the 6.25% credited back) but not on Owners Choice as that program does not qualify for it. Is this true?
  3. There is a ~$40 difference in Monthly payments between a lease and Owners Choice but doing Owners Choice as I will be eligible for Fed Rebates (see below under post sale rebates).

Thanks in advance!

**2019 BMW 530e
**MSRP: $55,455
**Discounted Price: $50,955 (8.8%)
**Monthly Payment: $525 incl. tax (after factoring in post sale rebates $750 before)
**Cash Due at Signing: $0
**Incentives: $1,000 conquest
**Post Sale Rebates: $1000 CCA, $2500 Texas rebate, $4668 Federal

**Months: 36
**Annual Mileage: 12,000
**MF: “Balloon” (so 0.00222?)
**Residual: 59%

**Region: Texas
**Leasehackr Score: 9.1 years

I’m not sure about #1, but on https://www.bmwusa.com/special-offers.html?vehicle=series5 it says there’s a $1k lease credit incentive on the 2018, but not on the 2019. That’s not the loyalty though. @BMW_Dave might be able to help with this.

For #2 I doubt that’s true. If they can apply sales tax credits to leases, loans and purchases at there discretion, then I’d think they can do it for Owners Choice. That said, all the good Owners Choice deals with hybrids haven’t had tax credits (and didn’t need them to be good deals). It’s strange though that the 530e doesn’t have any incentives, while the Mini Countryman PHEV, X5 40e, i3, etc have $4k+ in incentives as BMW normally gives back part/all of the tax rebate. All the good Owners Choice deals have tended to have those extra incentives.

It’s normal for the Owners Choice payment to be slightly higher than the lease payment as the base MF is higher. That looks normal.

Is there no 2018 models out there for a larger incentive and larger discount? I’m not that knowledgeable about the 5 series.

Thanks for the feedback. As for why 2019 instead of a 2018, the features I need are standard on the 2019. On the 2018’s, I need to add the Driver Assist Package and Apple Car Play and the MSRP becomes a lot higher. Also, seems like the dealers have no motivation to get rid of their 2018’s.

The dealer swore that the tax credits cannot be applied on the Owner’s Choice.

I think it’s a good deal as long as you’re definitely getting full use of the tax rebate. I would be tempted to wait until after Christmas and say you’ll sign at 10% discount to shave off a little more (especially with Owners Choice they are making more off the financing), but you’re already below 1% so it’s good as it is.

1 Like

I pulled the trigger this morning on the 2019 530e! Got another $1k off and closed the deal. Well under 1% after considering all post sale rebates + discounts. Ride is sweet!

Thanks so much…you guys have been amazing help esp. @ajgraham @macdonaldj2 @BMW_AUS @RobertR @cmacfar

1 Like

Congrats, post some pictures. Which dealer did you work with?

The Owners Choice product with hybrids/EVs in Texas is such a great way to getting a deal.

Here you go! Trophy Garage [ Photos ]

Indeed, the Texas TERP program still has about $5M to go and I hope they keep renewing it. Btw, the folks at the SanAntonio BMW dealership were oblivious to the TERP LDPLIP program until I told them just before I signed.

I know this an old thread, but regarding the Owner’s Choice being a way to qualify for the Federal PHEV tax credit, I’m hopeful the OP requested that credit on his/her 2018 Federal Tax forms? It wouldn’t go through BMWFS, it would come from the IRS.

Yes, received a nice tax credit (not deduction!) on my 2018 Federal taxes i.e. from the IRS.

1 Like