Please delete this post. Car has moved

, ,

Generally speaking it’s about transparency. If it’s listed upfront and the deal still makes financial sense for the perspective transferee, it’s acceptable. It’s when those two requisites aren’t met that you’ll see it called out (or worse)…

3 Likes

Really wish my F30 had an 6MT :cry:

Beautiful car OP. GLWT…

1 Like

Seems like a really good deal. Perhaps there is some concern on how that $5k incentive is paid. Using an escrow account?

Also, I thought NY lease taxes were paid up front? I know the last 2 NY BMW swaps I did, tax was paid up front by original leaser and Michigan recognized that tax paid, so my leases were “tax free” !

State collects tax and registration upfront. That does not mean a dealer cant front the cash and roll it into the monthly, just like they would if you had negative equity.

It depends on what state you transfer to, it’s fairly hilarious, some states will recognize an NYS tax payment and then you owe nothing, but within NYS, you would get taxed a second time.

Is this another form of the Michigan bottle deposit?

1 Like

:rofl: it actually wouldn’t work because the bar codes on the cans are different in MI. Yes I have tried it.

Anyway yet another reason why I left NYS when I was 18! They never, ever miss an opportunity to collect taxes as many times as many possible ways as they can.