2019/2020 Q50 Red Sport Lease Question

I lease a regular Q50 that is ending in March. I’m looking to lease a Red Sport or a Lexus. I started to contact the Infiniti dealer now to see if there’s deal out since Lexus is having its December to remember now.

The dealer sent me 2 options:

2019 Q50 RS400 – MSRP $58,100 and discounts+incentives totaling $13,700. Payment is $476.78/month.

2020 Q50 RS400 – MSRP $57,275 and discounts+incentives totaling $11,513. Payment is $563.98.

I don’t know all the in and out of lease deal, but I did some simple math based on what he said and my numbers did not match, the payments I came up with a lot are lower (picture below). I didn’t roll the remaining payments into my calculation yet. I’ll talk about it later.
Lease%20Cap

I asked him to send me a full breakdown of his prices.

So the true discounts aren’t $13,700 and $11,513 like me mentioned? There are some numbers in the quote that I didn’t really understand. My basic calculation was to subtract discounts from MSRP and then add taxes and fees, etc. to it after.

Yes, he did roll the remaining 4 payments into this. But I can wait until December to take off another month. I’ve heard there may be even better deal in December also? And Infiniti may be able to take away 2 payments on top of that, correct?

Even with all that, are these still good deals or should I wait until December to look into it again?

Thanks;

Read the “How to calculate leasing payments“ article.

Your math isn’t correct. Your rent charge, for example, on the 2019 is about $700 over the life of the lease, not $148.

Okay thanks. I read that MF is like APR and just x2400 to get the rate. So I did the APR for the lease $. I know my math will be off here and there but didn’t think it’s way off from the dealer payments, but obviously it is.

The overall questions then are the discounts he told me $13k for 2019 and $11k for 2020 really true? I used the discount to subtract from the MSRP to get the sell price, which that didn’t seem right. And is the deal pretty good or wait another month?

Thanks;

MF is a value that gives an averaged interest payment, equivalent to apr when applied correctly. Correctly being monthly rent payment = MF x (adjusted cap cost + RV)

If you want to estimate it using apr instead, you need to apply it like you would interest on a normal loan; against the entire value of the vehicle loan.

Unless you have an incredibly good reason, wait until you’re not rolling in negative equity.

That makes sense. I just wasn’t sure if I do APR, to apply to the entire car value or just the or the lease $ amount.

Thanks for the help. There’s no good reason, I’m just bored of the Q50 and I thought usually there way better deal in November and December instead of March, when I lease ends. I thought was if I wait until March and there’s no good deal then I might end up paying more, even though, I don’t have a roll over. And I don’t have anymore time to shop around and wait.

There’s a great article in the leasing 101 section about how to calculate lease payments.

Just a heads up, the 2020 Q50 is supposed to have Android Auto and Apple Carplay if that matters to you in terms of choosing a 2019 or 2020.

I just leased a 2020 Q50RS. MSRP $59,190. Zero DAS, $560 a month with 9% taxes, 39/12k. If you live in the Cali area PM me for more details. I thought my deal was great. I kept my '17 Q60RS as it was not worth turning in early…

Renewed my lease over the weekend. Got me a new 2019 Q50 Red Sport; thanks to Joel Tasman from Infiniti of Grand Rapid. He located the vehicle I really wanted from another state and delivered it to my home. He was able to give a better deal and everything was straight forward and as quoted.

1 Like

Care to share figures?

I got a 2019 q50 RS400 with sensory package in red/black color. All the numbers are the same as what I posted above for the 2019 but the monthly payment is lower, $455/month.

1 Like

Nice! Congrats!

sorry for double posting but I was wondering if this was a good deal

Q50 2020 red sport

MSRP: $55275
Monthly Payment: $490 inc taxes
Drive-Off Amount: $6148 (1198 Down + 4950 (9 MSDs))
Months: 39
Annual Mileage: 15K
MF: .00152
Residual: 50%
Region: CA