2018 X1 Loaner - $42795 MSRP, $649 DAS, $340 month (Bay Area)

2018, BMW, X1, xDrive with Convenience, Nav, Park Distance Control, Black Kidney grills, plus others. Loaner with ~4400 miles.

**MSRP: $42795
**Selling Price: $33764 (21% off)
**Monthly Payment: $340
**Cash Due at Signing: $649
**MSD: 7 MSDs (2800)
**Incentives: $1000 lease cash, $1000 loyalty, $500 corporate fleet

**Months:36
**Annual Mileage:10
**MF: 0.00171 (marked up to 0.00206 less 0.00035 from MSDs)
**Residual: 56.96 (should be 56.7, but contract shows they used 56.96 instead)

**Region: Bay Area
**Leasehackr Score: 11

Comments:

• Thank you to all – I’m new to hacking and reading the forum was immensely helpful
  • I can’t say this was a complete hack as the price wasn’t negotiable. This dealer is part of a larger dealership group so price on loaners (and I think their used cars) is set by corporate and updated based upon the market and days on the market (at least this is what multiple sales people told me as I had emailed and called multiple times on different cars). I set an alert on Cargurus and saw a big drop in price (far far better than anything within 75 miles).
  • MSRP online was off and didn’t include destination charge, so when I arrived it turned out to be an even better deal – had to explain to salesman why a higher MSRP mattered on the deal sheet.
  • Dealer would not budge on MF, but even with the mark up, this deal was far better than anything I could get from any other dealer.
  • I signed this originally last Sunday and I was probably the first to mention all the recent incentives updates. They wouldn’t take Costco (even though I showed them the fine print), but took Fleet (after i showed them the new eligibility)
  • Dealer and finance guy were also not familiar with MSDs for clients with MSDs already - had to search his email to fine the spring bulletin on MSDs. However, he wasn’t sure whether the rule still effective and he couldn’t get the BMWFS system to take the numbers.
  • I made a newbie mistake by grounding my return before we had sorted out the MSD point, so I had to sign the deal without MSDs ($362/month – still not bad) and the finance guy said he would call BMW on Monday to confirm eligibility and to figure out how to solve it.
  • I had some doubts whether he would call back, but he did and solved it so just went back to sign a new contract.

Lastly: This dealer has some great prices and just yesterday they dropped prices on a few other well equipped X1 loaners to an even better 22-23% off. So based on my calcs and even with a marked up MF (with MSDs), one could get one of those for $315-320/month without any negotiations. Kicking myself a little for not waiting another week (I jumped when I saw my deal as it matched the color (white), key options (convenience, nav and parking control) and black grill I wanted.

Here are a couple examples. There are more examples - search their website. Remember to add $995 destination charge to MSRP (click worry free folder).

6 Likes

Thanks to @kooner for sharing his deal. I was able to find a 2018 loaner X1 at 26% off MSRP plus had $2500 in incentives (loyalty, lease cash and Costco). The MF is marked up, but I did one-pay. This is for a 36/10 lease in the SF Bay Area (NorCal). I couldn’t get the lease calculator to come out exactly, but this is close.

MSRP: $43400
Sale price: $31,984
MF: .00176
Residual: 56.5%
Incentives: $1k lease cash, $1k loyalty, $500 Costco
One pay amount: $10,840
Tax Rate: 9.25%
Leasehacker score: 14.7

1 Like

Summer, can you tell me who you dealt with at the dealer?

This was at Stevens creek BMW. I worked with Ron Ryan. Also met Fred K.

Congrats @Summer. That is really a fantastic deal.