2018 Volvo XC60 T6 Momentum - Where to negotiate next?

Looking for some advice, new to leasing and get the impression this deal isn’t that great. Maybe it’s just because the 2018 XC60 is moving well so not a lot of incentive for dealers to offer deals?

MSRP: $53,540
Cap Cost: $49,120
MF: .00079
Term: 36mo/10k
Residual: 57% or $28,911
Lease: $646

I asked him about the MF and MSDs and he said something along the lines of MSDs were used when rates were really high, and that .00079 or 1.9% didn’t offer any room to buy down. ???

Here are my numbers: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Volvo&msrp=53540&sales_price=49120&months=36&mf=.00079&dp=0&doc_fee=459&acq_fee=995&taxed_inc=0&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=57&reg_fee=167.50&sales_tax=6.25&memo=&monthlyTax_radio=true&miles=10000&msd=0

He’s either lying or ignorant.

MSDs will buy you down from .00079 to .00029, saving you $1404 over the lease or $40 a month.

The XC60 is still a pretty hot seller, so you’re not getting huge incentives at this point.

Thanks I’ll press him on this. How does that discount off MSRP look? Should I be pushing for more?

I’m also looking at the Mercedes GLC300 and should have offer details on that to compare soon. We are considering test driving the Lexus RX350. Would either of these options offer a better lease deal?

Are there any incentives being applied in your region?

I’m not sure, how do I find that out? Just need to ask him? He didn’t specify the discount off MSRP and how he arrived at that.

I’d start by finding out for yourself what incentives and such should be applied (autobytel.com is the best resource for this) and then confirm from there what’s being applied.

1 Like

The best source for Volvo incentives is Volvo payment estimator. Autobytel may be off sometimes.

There’s $750 A-Plan available if you qualify.

Where is the Volvo payment estimator? I couldn’t find the site.

Thanks, this was really helpful I wasn’t aware of it. I found $4500 in incentives for my area. Looks like my offer was $4,200 off MSRP. Does that mean they are holding back $300 I should be able to get? Is it common to get a further discount after the incentives?

That means they’re charging you over MSRP. You should be able to go quite a bit under MSRP before incentives. (6-10%)

1 Like

Go to Volvo site, build your car and on Summary page you will see payment estimator. Enter your zip.

$750 a-plan bonus and 6% off msrp without any negotiating, which would be a whole lot better than the deal at hand.

Similarly just pick a car in inventory on volvo’s website and there will be a link to the estimator.

1 Like

$4500 incentive sounds incorrect. What is your zip code?

2 Likes

OK, I was reading Autobytel incorrectly (was on mobile). When I put in my zip there (I’m in the Boston area), it came back showing four different incentives and I wrongly summed them up. Looking on my laptop now, I see two were loyalty bonuses (one lease, one purchase, but I’m not a current Volvo owner so don’t qualify). One is a $1k lease offer, and the fourth is a $2k lease retention offer.

So actually the only incentive is $1k. I also confirmed on the Volvo site the only applied discount is the $1k incentive.

It seems like I’m getting $3,420 off MSRP (~6.4%) then the $1k incentive.

Try Lovering Volvo in Nashua NH

You will see Lovering has units which are discounted by 7-9k

Thanks I will check these guys out. Are you affliated with them?

Got an email from Volvo that they’ll be providing A-plan pricing on the 2018 XC60. This would drive the pricing lower if you qualify.