2018 Volvo (V90CC) Demo - Leasable?

Calling the dealership later but didn’t know if this would qualify for leasing? I assume so based on what I’ve read but I’m not sure.

Assuming it does MSRP is 58k and it’s marked at 45k on their website… I assume a little wiggle room with that perhaps.

This is what I got punching in the numbers:

My goals are to stay under 20k over 4 years, allow 15k/year (we commute) and have something that is in warranty the entire time to avoid costs other than wear and tear.

This deal seems to check all those boxes if they either come down $1000 or there is $1000 worth of incentives to be had with it.

Does this deal seem feasible? Not looking forward to trying to hash it out frankly.

There’s no captive (Volvo Financial) support for 2018’s.

1 Like

Ah, bummer well that will sink this idea then. thank you for the information. I don’t see these being reliable enough to purchase.

The other thing to remember is that the warranty tolls from the time it was punched ad a loaner, so chances are you’re at least 1 year into the warranty, if not more.

1 Like

Where did you come up with that residual on a 48/15K for a 2018 V90 BTW?

4 Likes

Agree with @Bostoncarconcierge. I bet the RV isn’t even that high for a 36 month term.

1 Like

Who is the leasing bank? I can’t see anyone leasing this thing at this point, and as others said, where did you get those numbers, or did you pull them out of thin air?

The other thing I didn’t mention is asking why you would even consider a 48-month lease in general? It’s a bad idea for numerous reasons we’ve mentioned here many times, but especially since you’re “concerned about reliability,” the car will be way past its warranty period when the lease comes due.

2 Likes

Thanks for the input everyone, as noted I was only interested in Captive in this specific case as they would be the only ones like to do a demo. Sorry I didn’t make that clear @Bruce_Smith helpfully pointed out that captive isn’t going to touch 2018’s, demo or not so this really isn’t an option for me.

The residual was absolutely pulled out of thin air, there isn’t to my knowledge a place that publishes reliable data for that? Maybe I just didn’t look hard enough or missed something obvious! I compared some other Volvo leases and a plopped a number to see where it was ballpark but after looking back at what I was looking at they were all newer and more desirable (SUV vs Wagon) and even though I made sure to look at only 12k/yr residuals they are not the same as 15k, especially if you go out to 48mos.

As for the 48mos term, I understand its not ideal, especially after as noted the warranty would be punched and ticking away.

Thanks for the information, the search continues.

Gotta ask on the forums for the specific model at Edmunds.

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you for that, I will do that when the next one comes up!