2018 Volvo S90 T6 MOM - Last Day of the Month Deal $237/mo

Bummer, would prefer the shorter car

V90 and V90cc is still on the shorter chassis.

Hello, I’m going to look at a 2018 S90 T6 Mom today - I got dealer to agree to 6% discount in addition to the Volvo 3750 allowance (so 12% off); didn’t mention APlan yet. Asking him to confirm the RV/MF now.

Noticed the options include
Protection Package Premier* $405

Not sure if it is really necessary for a lease given car will only get 36k miles. Is it something you can get out of?

The volvo website shows different protection plans, none called ‘premier’ but if it is the lease vehicle contract then it covers the below:
It covers with 0-deductible:
brake pad replacement (1 set)
battery (1 time)
headlamp (unlimited)
windshield wipers (1 set)
fuses & interior lights

1 Like

Protection Package Premier generally refers to the all weather floor and trunk mats. Don’t be surprised if the monthly payment of this deal is not as sweet as deals from last month as we were getting 12% off before any incentives were applied.

1 Like

So im looking and getting quotes from dealers in Ohio for an s90 Inscription and the one just told me that I can not get anything less than 5% off a Volvo. He said that I would have to get another brand of car. I just started laughing and said goodbye. Kudos to this forum. Knowledge is power going against these dealers!!

Edit: Not that all dealers are bad/ trying to rip you off. Just in general

Yes, it’s all weather mats and built into msrp (on the sticker). I wish I’d kept mine when I flipped my s90 (could have sold them to some other s90 buyer). I also just found the Volvo Red key that came with my S90, might try and flip that too as I don’t think I’ll be buying another Volvo soon.

Ok - dealer brought me back down to earth - when I mentioned A-plan he said the discount he already quoted me used up most of the discount, leaving only the 3000 A-plan bonus and a “few more dollars” that he’ll write up later. With A-plan included the total discount is coming to 17%.

He also said their MF is 0.00074 (not 0.00073) and the RV is 53% (not 54%). Is he tricking the numbers or is that legit? those changes increase monthly by about $20.

I’m talking about a 2018 S90 T6 Momentum as shown below:

Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) $54,100
Momentum Plus Package $700
4-Zone Electric Climate Control, Cooled Glovebox
Headlight High Pressure Cleaning
Active Bending Lights (ABL), added to standard
LED Headlights w/ Thor’s Hammer DRL & Auto
Highbeam (AHB)
Convenience Package $2,550
Heated Washer Nozzles (wet arms)
Power Operated Trunklid
360° Surround View Camera
HomeLink
12V Power Outlet
Compass (Inner Rear View Mirror)
Park Assist Pilot & Front Park Assist (Rear std)
Metallic Paint $595
Protection Package Premier* $405
Red Key* $205
Trunk Spoiler* $495
19" Alloy Wheel $800
Heated Steering Wheel $300
Destination Charge $995
Total Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) $61,145

without knowing exact doc/acq fees, the calculator comes out like this:

Drive off: 904
Monthly 569 (36/12)
Score: 9.4 years

So it is still below 1%/mo, which is a “good deal” although it pales in comparison to what I missed last month.

Have you tried for 24 months?

You can say that again. This is almost double of what people paid last month.

He’s right…

1 Like

Ok, so I can share latest info from the dealer for anyone interested.
S90 T6 AWD Momentum that I described before.
$61,145 MSRP
-$3496 Aplan Discount
-$3750 Volvo allowance
-$3000 Aplan bonus
-$4,000 lease bonus
regular money factor of .00074 with 53% residual

These prices were for Ohio.

With 10 MSD’s and first month payment at closing (no other costs at closing) the quote comes to $497/mo for 36/12. Dealer said this deal is good through June but doesn’t expect vehicle to last long given the A-Plan/Costco.

From my personal view - after driving the car, sure it has incredible safety tech, but it just feels a bit big and at least the sound system on the car I drove (300W) did not impress. Need to think some more if it is the right car for me. Still like the A4 feel better.

Sound System is weak although clear. Leasing the Volvo currently I wouldn’t drive it for $450+.

1 Like

That pricing is horrid, especially now that Volvo has relaxed the selling at invoice requirement because they didn’t sell enough S90s in the 1st week of May.

LOL - I just had a dealer in NJ propose $613/mo on a 24/10k. Selling price was $50k on a $60k car - I replied and told him that I didn’t want to buy the car at MSRP as the discounts were all Volvo rebates and Costco cash.

John.

@cheapdad00 Thanks for the tip.

The 36m doesn’t make sense for a Volvo due to the RV - check 24/10 or 24/7.5 if you want one, that’s where the money is at with the deals right now.

You can probably wiggle the same $$ / m for a 24/10 and 24/7.5 if the dealer throws in another $500 discount to compensate for the % change.

If he needs 12k/yr there’s no point getting a 10k lease, let alone 7.5

On 24 months, RV @10k dropped from 64% to 61% while the money factor is basically the same (0.0004 difference). For a $60k car, this is an $1,800 swing. Depending on where you’re located, the incentives may have improved - in the Northeast, for example, there’s an extra $1,000 lease cash this month. So in theory you can replicate last month’s deal by getting the dealer to move another $800.

All this applies for the T6 Momentum though, which apparently started to sell again in April on the back of the lease promos (some color combos are becoming hard to find). One thing I’ve noticed while shopping this deal is every dealer I’ve gone to has a ton of T6 Inscriptions on the lot. With the 2019’s about to arrive in the not-too-distant future, presumably Volvo is going to have to light a fire under these at some point in the next month or two (or risk the ire of dealers, many of whom are none too happy about all the 2017’s still sitting on their lots with no lease support today). Even if I could replicate last month’s deal on a Momentum, I might be inclined to roll the dice for a month or two to see if things improve on the Inscription.

You should aim for 10% off msrp as the dealer discount then volvo incentives then $3k A plan otherwise the deal is no where as good as you have seen here.

1 Like

I’m curious, when people here ‘suggest’ taking 10k or even 7,5k miles leases, do you really only DRIVE that few miles a year?
or do you think paying the overage at end of lease is “worth it”???