2018 Volvo S90 T6 MOM - Last Day of the Month Deal $237/mo

I meant Nor Cal #autocorrect

1 Like

Getting quoted $500 per mo with $1000 drive off for a 12k 36 mo term with 13k in incentives. T6 Mom with MSRP of 60k. This is NJ. Still waiting for dealer to email all the numbers over to break it down.

@Flyhigh1, Iā€™d be interested in this as well.

You canā€™t compare numbers from last month to this month. Volvo deals are worse this month.

I realize that, just wanted to post the numbers so others can see the difference from month to month.

I tried to pick one up on the 30th however I had to leave for a business trip at 2pm. Just couldnā€™t find the timeā€¦

I got a message from the dealer I was trying to get the loaner T5 Mom from last month to come in and close on a new T5 at the price I wanted on the loaner. $1900 Drive offs and $300 tax included on 24/7500. Given the prevailing understanding of this months RV and incentives in SoCal that sounds super not doable but I guess time for a site visit.

Ask to see the deal sheet prior to insure no surprises.

Yep, no wayā€¦

Werenā€™t any loaners anywhere in the Bay Area, couldnā€™t get a deal on a new one below $591 ($0 down) even with Costco plan. Disappointing after seeing the ridiculous deals others got. :frowning:

1 Like

The dealership that I picked up 2 cars from in April, is doing better numbers for May in the region.

Example would be 60K MSRP. 36/12k. Approximately $450 a month sign and drive (with MSDs due at signing)
$10750 rebates including Costco a plan.

1 Like

@baggy those still seem pretty decent numbers. Do you have a calculator link for that or at least the RV/MF?
itā€™s interesting that this is 36/12 because from reading the thread at least in prior months the 24 mo lease had better deal. Would be interested to see the new numbers.

Also a newbie question, if I wanted to try and reproduce this deal where I live (OH) what is best way to approach a dealer? I understand by email, but do I just first ask for their best offer then negotiate it, or come out from beginning by asking if they can match these numbers because I know it can be done? Is it better to negotiate selling price before saying I have A Plan, or just tell from beginning?

Thanks for any tips. Went to look at an S90 T6 this week, but kept my mouth shut to the dealer so far.

For May in NJ, numbers for 3 year lease make more sense with 54% RV vs 61% of 2 years.
MF I believe is 0.00073
You can get your region specific numbers from Edmund forums.

I personally, assume an aggressive dealer discount and then send dealer a cap cost number applying all eligible rebatesā€¦

1 Like

Ok, the local dealer site is showing 3750 rebate which is 6% off 61,145 MSRP on 2018 S90 T6 AWD.
I plugged it into the calculator and got

Which is 784 drive off and 10 MSDs for 449/mo

Should I just email dealer this complete calc and ask if they can match/beat it?

The volvo discounts everyone gets and that is usually what the dealer is advertising as off. You want an actually dealer discount. I first fill out the "get a quote " request on the dealerā€™s websites for the car I want. Then the dealers emails and I ask to get a quote to get a conversation going. After I receive some ridiculous quote I reply with a full breakdown of the deal I want. If you come out to strong right away the dealer may think you arenā€™t realistic. Remember most of the dealers are clueless. You have to take them to the water and show them how to drink.

1 Like

Also, I think the 3750 discount showing on the dealer website is part of what is quoted on the A-plan, so Iā€™m afraid Iā€™m double counting that discount. So I guess when asking for their selling price, have to be careful if that includes the volvo allowance or not (probably will?)

My A-plan breakdown is actually the following for 2018 S90 T6 AWD MOM:
Base a-plan price (calculated discount) : 3246
A-Plan Elite bonus: 3000
Volvo Allowance: 3750
Total Savings: 9996

I was previously under impression that when you have one of these ā€˜employee pricingā€™ plans, that was the bottom line, but it is interesting to see you can still negotiate dealer discount on top of that.

1 Like

There is talk that volvo was going to change the employee pricing to being the bottom line however it isnā€™t clear if that had occurred

MF/RV donā€™t change by region, incentives do.

1 Like

The Volvo Aplan includes 2 discounts, a 6% off MSRP discount (invoice pricing) and an additional $3000 Aplan elite bonus. Both of these stack with the available Volvo Allowance and Volvo lease cash. And you should be able to get this deal with absolutely no negotiation.

In prior months, the Volvo dealers were able to sell at a deeper discount than 6% and still apply the Aplan elite bonus. The deals you see in the 300/mth range included 10-12% off msrp and then stacking all the other incentives (plus residual value was higher).

1 Like

Do you think deals will get better or worse going into summer is RV may keep going down?

Does the A-Plan work for new 2017 S90? There are good dealer cash incentives there (8311 not counting 1000 loyalty) but the A-Plan site does not seem to show any benefit for 2017. And RV is probably worse as wellā€¦

When I bought my 2018 S90 on the last day of 2017, the RV on a 24/10 was 57 or 58%, but with $13k in incentives including A plan. Then Jan 2018 hit and the RV went up to 63 or 64%, but the incentives were cut (and were cut really low in my region). The result was the extremely good deals you saw in March/April. The bigger issue is the 6% discount and whether they let them sell deeper than 6%. My guess is a few lean months and they will do something to invent sales.

Unfortunately, there has not been any lease support on the 2017 S90 since Feb, which is a shame because I prefer that model.

1 Like

Lease support for the 2017 ended as of March.