2018 Volvo S90 T6 Inscription Demo/Loaner $553

Put deposit down today, and picking up this weekend. Not on par with the Sams/Costco A-plan deals earlier this year, but it’s the best I could find these days since I don’t have A-plan. Plus I get Bowers & Wilkins sound and Polestar!

2018 Volvo S90 T6 Inscription
Demo/Loaner 5278 miles

**MSRP: $68,945
**Dealer discount: $10,728 (16.3%)
**Selling Price: $58,217 ($51,967 after incentives)
**Incentives: $6250 - $3750 Volvo Allowance, $2000 lease bonus, $500 loyalty
**Monthly Payment: $553 (includes 7% tax)
**Cash Due at Signing: $942 (1st month, $175 tax - 7% on $2500 taxable incentives, $214 dealer fees)
**MSD: 1 ($600)

**Months: 36
**Annual Mileage: 10k
**MF: 0.00001 (reduced from 0.00006 w/ 1 MSD)
**Residual: $34106 (49.5% - 51% minus $.20/mile)

**Region: Midwest
**Leasehackr Score: 10.9 years

My local Indianapolis dealership wanted a higher payment for a loaner T5 momentum… they’re the absolute worst. They even tried explaining that money factor markup is just a normal thing that everyone does: “just like interest rates at banks there are going to be a small amount of mark up from the buy rate from what the bank charges the dealer”. “A small amount of mark up” was .00080 on a .00031 base rate.

Also, shout out to KD6 and Ursus for their Volvo knowledge.

3 Likes

Steal of a deal on a $69K car.

Signed and picked up over the weekend. I highly recommend Magna Volvo of Evansville (Indiana) for anyone around Indiana, Kentucky, or Illinois. Their pricing was way better than Indianapolis, they were completely transparent, and didn’t even try to mark up the MF or acquisition fee (they’re pretty new with the Volvo brand, so maybe they don’t realize yet how common it is to mark up the acquisition fee). I’ll put some pics in the trophy garage when I get around to taking them.

Congrats on the car! Suggestions:

• note the actual in-service date, so you know when to do the first service at 12 months or 10K miles. Don’t trust the service reminder. Chances are good it wasn’t reset when the car became a loaner.
  • the Bowers will sound best through the USB
  • use the On Call app for remote start pre-heating or pre-cooling
  • did you get the little towel to clean the screen? The tweezers for the lug nut covers?
1 Like

Yes, yes! I got mine with my $42K S60 lol
JK, I know you asked because it is a loaner

I’ve noticed recently more dealers are using that explanation for marking up the buy rate. Was there a massive sales meeting between dealerships where they discussed the best BS answer to give people?

@StingerTT - Do you think a dealer is entitled to ask for a profit on the car? If so, why not on the lease factor? Do you think they pass through APRs at cost?

It’s a for profit business- I suspect you work in a similar situation, or how do you pay your bills? You’re welcome to research and negotiate to get the buy rate if you can, but this sense of entitlement eludes me.

The dealer is entitled to what ever the hell I want to give them. I’m the customer. I have the money. They already make a profit on the car in other areas.

The entire dealer network construct is outdated and provides no real benefit to the customer as far as sales goes… service and repairs are a different beast.

No sense of entitlement from me. I don’t want to spend more money than I have to. I’d rather give my business to a dealer that doesn’t mark up buy rates and lie about what things cost. They’re out there.

1 Like

Please feel free to elaborate. What’s your solution?

Direct to customer sales.

Fixed pricing? Like Tesla or Saturn? Or Care By Volvo?

LOL

Care by Volvo is doing very well right now. Tesla seems to do fine when they’re not being hounded by lawsuits from dealer associations. Saturn also did very well with their fixed pricing scheme.

The prices weren’t the problem. The dealers were.

I wish we could at least replace all sale people and their managers with @BMW_Dave’s clones :thinking:

1 Like

Cloning technology has only advanced so far, though.

And the dealers’ lobbying would kill it, anyway.

I wouldn’t mind dealers if it wasn’t so obvious their intent wasn’t to provide the best consumer experience. Instead of innovating they’re using what resources they have to keep things the same.

1 Like