2018 Volvo S90 T5 Mom AWD

Post the link to the calculator.

think I figured it out. I was putting the rebate ($4000) into the taxed incentives. So I guess that is like double counting it as the sell price includes it.

In any case.

Can’t find an S90 I’d like and the deal on the Sonata is not very good.
Odd considering sedans aren’t selling.

Are you shopping NYC and LI? You’ll almost never find a great deal there.

ain’t it so … guess I was lucky with the 2015 S60

If your under a time crunch, reach out to a broker who should be able to find you a deal on an S90. There is a rumor that selling below invoice and combining A plan ends this month (of course they said that the last couple of months as well).

NY taxes the totality of the lease payments, not the sales price.

just heard from local dealer.
$53650 for S90 T5 Mom AWD, extra paint, heated seats & wheel, rubber mats.
I show 52785 on Volvo site.
accounting for:
$5280 10% discount
$3000 CostCo
$4000 lease cash https://goo.gl/x2qXsr
$2000 Volvo loyalty (allowance?)
$1250 Dealer allowance https://goo.gl/paxwbM

$15k … Just seems more than is possible.
But …

or

same but FWD.

WHich region is this?

NY/LI. But the math is mine. It’s my first go.

after sending emails for both Sonata and S90 and getting zero response, I think I’ve decided to wait for the 2019 S60 to roll off the Carolina line. Though both cars are nice, roomy and techy, they are both boats.
I wish I didn’t have to pass up the Volvo $, but …
The trunks could hold a family of four with dinner and a picnic table.
I thank all who helped find the bits I needed.
The S60 is just so fluid driving. Reminds me of our gone but not forgotten '92 900.
Guess I just lucked out with the S60 lease in 15 as the dealer just wanted to sell it.
The drag will be the turn in to see what the dealer comes up with.

of course, now one responds.

"S90 OSM/ BLOND
(Heated seats, seems to have Home Link (of no use to me, unfortunately) and Protection Package Premiere, which I have yet to find what it includes.)
Little higher MSRP you can get for $321. Pm for 36x10 with total $2871 up front .
You can not get 12% off and all those discount --COSTCO has fixed discounts from price points to get you $3000. "

The up front seems high and he didn’t reveal the dealer invoice which is what CostCo tells me is the price for the A-plan less the $3000. Volvo allowances $4000, $2000, $1250.

So here’s what I am proposed. It is incomplete and I feel like something is hidden, but…
Dealer page shows MSRP $53650. HomeLink $605 (don’t want, but …) PPP $405 which appears to be rubber mats and cargo liner.
36mo/10000 @ $321
resid 54% (differs from what I got at Edmunds - 53%)
MF .0048 (differs from what I got at Edmunds - .00026)
fees $157.50
upfront is $2871 = $321 payment, acq of $995, tax $1457.50. He says taxed incentives are $4250)
Free oil and scheduled maint, wipers.
$3000 A-plan, $6000 allowance and lease cash, $1250 loyalty.
"we are giving you below cost after all discounts – your cost is $39369.98 after all discounts . "

as you can see, something seems quite wrong in the math.

Your calculation is wrong. You are double counting the $4250 incentive.

RV 54%, MF .00048. Aqusition should be $695.
The numbers you got from Edmunds are for FWD.

It’s included by Volvo free for 3 years.
To get $1,250 ($500 normal + $750 bonus) loyalty you need to have current S60 lease and be in North East.

1 Like

thanks for clarifying that. Where to put the numbers is a bit confusing in some cases.
And thanks for fixing the thread.

I can tick both of those boxes. They are acct’d for.

Should I call them on the $995 vs $695 or is that dealers choice? I have seen the $995 in a couple dealers, though not in the NE.
Or this is a good deal, stop and take it?

The drive off is still not in sync with their number. It’s a little higher.
The only way it looks rights is if the sales price is ~$43600 and I put the $4250 in the taxed incentive as they said. Which makes sense based on his somewhat confusing emails.

everything as in the earlier post. I
added lease care plat for $645, which now adds Lease end protection of $1500.
The monthly ends up shy of $340. Which is about $50 less than the orig quote on the same car a month or 2 back from the same dealer.

Grs Cap Cost $44986
Adj Cap Cost $39991

Cap Cost Red $4995
Rebates $4250
Drive off $2672 = tax $1490.60, xfer, doc, etc, the usual for NYS, $87.50

I think I did alright. heh, heh, heh

So you are paying 50% of your end of lease coverage. Doesn’t make sense to me, especially when Volvo may have some wear/tear credit by default. It was 1k but before, not sure if that is still the case.

dunno, they may have got me. But I think I did alright otherwise. Paying $40 more than my 15 S60 was.

As long as you are happy driving the car and making the payment… don’t worry and enjoy your ride… it’s a very nice car!