2018 Volvo S90 T5 AWD Momentum Lease Help

Different model, so I posted on a different thread. I’m also not looking for lease deals, I already posted them in my original post. I’m simply asking if it makes sense to ask for below invoice price given the situation. Don’t know why the snark is warranted to be honest.

Don’t know where you found snark.

My bad if I misread your comment, but 3.7 has been really helpful. Seemed like you were taking a jab at him. :man_shrugging:t3:

Nope. I meant what I said - he will probably point you in the right direction.

My apologies then. :+1:

I think I told P-lease_Help how to look up local incentives. They show for purchase and lease. This comes up over and over and to be honest, I’m not excited to type the same information over and over. Same thing with A-Plan. There needs to be a FAQ section on this forum where specific threads can be referenced by newbies for things like this, like that “That’s not what this forum is about” or “Deals Wanted” thread that float around and become buried under newer threads. There needs to be a FAQ thread about payoffs and negative/positive equity, trade ins and turn ins as well, for example.

Yep, it’s all out there. Takes a little effort to search and get all the answers.

Based on all the new threads, not much searching is being done and new posters may not know what terms to search by or what things could be important that they didn’t even realize. Referring new posters to the “Volvo thread” in the FAQ section would a time saver for the experienced ones here. There could be posts in that thread covering all different aspects that come up. Saying the same stuff over and over sucks.

If someone wants to find info on finding Volvo incentives, he will. Not just by searching, but by reading also. We’ve had some newbies scoring great deals without asking for help but by just reading and learning.

Hello all! Just wanted to provide an update on my search. Got an offer today on an ‘18 S90 T5 AWD Momentum demo with 7600 miles of $385 per month including tax, with $1,500 DAS (first month, tax, title, license, small down payment) on a 36/10 lease. This would equate to an all in $427 per month payment on a car with $54k+ MSRP.

I have been warned that there should be a 20% RV deduction in addition to mileage due to it being over 7,500 miles, but I have been assured by the dealership that this will not be the case. We’ll see if/when I go to finalize the lease.

That looks like a solid deal. Where’d you end up having to go?

Signed and picked up the 2018 S90 today. MSRP of $54,139, and the payment is $386/mo with $1,500 DAS inc. first months payment. I feel like this was a solid deal, but I’d be interested in others’ input. Always looking to learn for the next time!

That’s a great payment for an MSRP like that. Was it the loaner with 7,600 miles on it from your previous post?

It is. Everything ran through as expected, although the 2.5 hour drive to the dealership and waiting for the lease to be finalized was certainly nerve wracking based on the RV deduction that I knew would be a possibility. Not sure how it managed to go through, but I sure am not arguing.

So, I guess 3.7 needs to clarify his statements about the 20%(!) mileage penalty over 7,500 miles, which always sounded ridiculously high to me. But what do I know.

What more explanation do you need than the 2018 Volvo Retailer Guide? I even confirmed it with VCFS previously. I would have expected the MSRP for RV purposes to be reduced 20% from $54,139 to $43,311.20 before the RV% is applied, then minus 7,600 miles x $0.20 = $1,520.

What was the RV on your contract, @Indy499? How many months/miles is your lease? What’s the odometer reading on your lease contract? If your residual didn’t get the 20% haircut, don’t be surprised if the dealer calls you back for re-contracting. If so, you’ll have a choice of re-negotiating or having to return the car. If it’s wrong, it should get picked up in funding in the next few days to week or do, depending on when the dealer submits the contract. Maybe VCFS will let the dealer slide by with an exception and an adjustment. There’s only $20 difference with 100 miles over the limit. Maybe they got permission up front, I don’t know.

@Ursus - why don’t you check with your trusted source about RVs on leases of cars with 7,501+ miles? While you’re at it, why don’t you ask if a car with over 10,000 miles can be leased, as you repeatedly claim?

I asked for clarification. Your document does not show 20% RV hit as you implied before, but “reduced advance” at 80% of MSRP. That’s how indy499 (and I, and probably others) understood your statements - 20% RV hit. And now you " would have expected the MSRP for RV purposes to be reduced 20%"? What would this deal look like then.
I can check, if/when I need it, but I know very well that even GMs/SMs don’t know everything about leasing, so your direct sources suppose to provide the most correct info.
I do not “claim” anything, especially about leasing over 10K miles loaners, but you do LOL
I only said it once based on what my sales person told me, but see above about their leasing knowledge. Don’t shoot the messenger.

Are you serious?

If the MSRP is $50,000 and the RV is 45%, the RV is $22,500.
If you use 80% of MSRP for a car over 7,500 miles, you use an MSRP reduced 20% = $40,000. 45% of that is $18,000.
$22,500 x 80% = $18,000. Same difference.
The mileage hit is deducted from the $18,000.

Agree that GMs/SMs and F&I managers make mistakes. I would have expected there would have been a flag in the computer when the lease was wrong, but I’ve seen those flags ignored and contracts printed, anyway. Been there, done that.

You have said on more than one occasion that Volvos can be leased with over 10,000 miles. Your “proof” comes from heresay from your sources or when you see a lease advertised on such a car. There was one with 11,000 miles you talked about. Can’t be leased at all by Volvo. Maybe if the dealer uses another lender.

“Don’t shoot the messenger.” That’s rich. You do that to me all the time.

I was wrong- I confused advance with residual. It was the Advance (how much they will fund) that is reduced, not the RV by 20%. My bad. The RV is only reduced by the $0.20/mile.

Learn something every day.

I misspoke in my previous post. Actual MSRP is $52,640. I was adding in the $1,499 dealership applied convenience package. Lease contract mileage is 7,654.

$52,640 * .53 = $27,899
$27,899 - (7,654 * $0.20) = $26,368, which is what is showing as the RV on the lease contract. The lease is for 36 months, 10k per year.

Can the dealer void a deal even though all paperwork is signed, car has been picked up, etc.? I pointed out that the mileage was over 7,500 in our email exchanges:

Me: Thanks Paul. A resource I am speaking to about this seems to believe this vehicle will be flagged at lease print-up because of a residual value reduction of 20% that is supposed to occur for loaners over 7,500 miles. Can you rest my mind that this won’t be the case?

Dealer: The sales manager assured me we don’t have an issue with this.

Given this exchange, I would think I have a pretty convincing case that the fault for any necessary re-contracting lies with the dealership, and that it goes beyond oversight and into the realm of negligence. Hopefully, as you said, they got permission up front due it begin just slightly over 7,500 miles, because I am absolutely IN LOVE with the car.