2018 Tiguan SE w/Pano roof, true $0 drive-off @ $298.21 w/tax (So Cal)

Brought her home today. Could have done a few more dollars off but I got my 1% target on first try over the phone and I went with it. No shenanigans at the dealership either. Thanks to the contributors on this site for making me a highly educated leaser, even after 6 prior leases that I did OK with. The dealer was like - um, you did the work for us.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: [2018 VW Tiguan SE w/Pano Roof package]

MSRP: [$29,320]
Selling Price: [$26,304]
Rebates: [$772.76]
Trade-in: [$0]

Months: [36]
Annual Mileage: [10,000]

MF: [.00100]
Residual: [61%]

Security Deposit: [$0]
Total Due At Signing: [$0, first month included - true sign & drive]
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): [$298.21]

Zip Code: [93023]
Sales Tax Rate: [7.5%]

Leasehackr Score: [8.6]

Net Monthly Cost [$289.93]

5 Likes

Which dealer was this?

Sent PM with details.

Could you PM the dealer info as well? Thank you!

Good deal, nicely done.

Mind sharing dealer/salesman info with community?

And what was your experience like, in your opinion is salesman a ‘go-getter’ hustling to make a good deal happen? I’ve had experience with good deals but had salesman that acted as surrogates.

I suppose I can share publicly - I’ve sent PM info to a few of you already.

I worked with Claudio at Ventura VW. He took the numbers I gave him over the phone including the exact stock number of the vehicle, and he brought it to the Sales Manager. They called me back within a few minutes and they were a bit higher than I tried for, but they hit my actual target for doing the deal. I was originally trying for $250 payment but the vehicle discount would have been ridiculous for them.

Overall a very pleasant deal with no shenanigans at the dealership. Called on a Thursday while traveling in NY, came home and picked up on Saturday. Great new facility, easy to shop and test drive there and even finance wasn’t pushy at all. Best lease we’ve done out of 7 vehicles in 20 years.

Thanks to all the folks online here - I had the right numbers and the confidence to make a deal that we’re super satisfied with.

1 Like

That’s a very particular rebate amount, what is it?

I was told they built that rebate amount to cover the drive off. Not sure how they applied it internally.

Sweet deal. Nor Cal dealers won’t budge on it.

Bummer. I think we got a little lucky with our local dealer having just built a giant new showroom.