2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited - $293/month with tax

If you set on Subaru - just buy it. RV after 2 years will be over 70%. You will pay more than lease, but it will be compensated by equity when you sell it. Alternatively, you can lease and trade it in to Carmax.

1 Like

Yeah true, but he only enjoys flooring the gas on a car that ā€œnot belong to himā€ :wink:

Flooring the gas in Outback? Tell him to get F-type then, or WRX.

After lots of negotiation with SoCal dealers, the best price we were able to get is with McKenna in Huntington Beach. $1400 below invoice on a 2.5 but they would honor it on a 3.6 as well. We got a 2.5 limited w/eyesight for about $700 in drive off (which includes 1st month) and monthly payment of $298 plus tax, total payment of $321. Well below 1% of MSRP of 36.5k and Leasehackr score of 10.0.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I worked with Danny. Great guy, probably my most pleasant car buying experience.

1 Like

I was able to match the lease deal from Seramonte Subaru for a So Cal dealership (Fullerton). Got an Outback premium (JDD11) for $219 +tax / Month, 39 months, 10K miles (32,500 total).

I did have to pay about $790 for docs, titles, fees, and 1st month payment

So including tax $236.48 per month for 38 more months

Iā€™ll probably trade in for the newer Outback with Subaru Global Platform when the lease is up.

1 Like

What was msrp? thats great deal trying to get forester but not having much luck with pricing.

Msrp is $29,120 for my premium outback. I saw forester base for $199 month, 0 down, 10k miles, 36 mo. Seramonte Subaru. Maybe use that as your starting point.

In so cal same MSRP they want $279 a month , I can not seem to get that last $30 bucks off

This was at Renick? Who was the salesperson you dealt with?

I got this from Tony, top salesman there.

1 Like

Interesting that Renick worked out. They were giving me the best offer for a bit but then called me to rescind it, which I found pretty strange. He also tried to play some games on the MF, kept trying to go above manufacturer. I didnā€™t work with Tony though, but somebody else.

I wonder what the Forester deals are looking like. Might be best to wait for the next generation announcement?

yeah, try working w Tony, it was no BS with us both. got it signed papers like we discussed over the phone. Out of the dealership within 30-45 mins.

1 Like

If youā€™re looking for the forester Iā€™d wait for the subaru global platform (sgp) for that, and the current forester current tech is kinda dated by current standards. But it will be hot when first release. Just like how hot the crosstreck is on sgp and itā€™s still selling like hot cakes. But if you want a good deal, the current forester can be had for 14-16 off msrp.

Talked with Tony over @ Renick. They couldnā€™t get close to Serramonteā€™s price, and couldnā€™t match the best prices I found down in socal either.

Just signed this yesterday:

2018 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited w/ Option package 24 (Eyesight, Nav, High Beam Assist, LED Steering Responsive Headlights, etc)

MSRP: [$36.309]
Selling Price: [$31,400] (13.5% off)
Rebate: [$500] (Subaru Ambassador coupon)

Months: [36]
Annual Mileage: [10,000]
MF: [0.00082] (new buyrate as of 3/1)
Residual: [63%]

Security Deposit: [$0]
Total Due At Signing: [$850]
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): [$292]

Zip Code: [91006]
Leasehackr Score: [11.1]

4 Likes

This is a great little package

Thatā€™s insaneā€¦I just went to test drove a 3.6R limited, MSRP $39,000 and they say theyā€™ll discount at $37,900ā€¦I laughedā€¦

Can I have info of this leas

How are you finding the Subaru ambassador coupons? I read someone said to just go on twitter or facebook and ask one, but that just seemsā€¦off.

You used to be able to just ask for them from ambassadors online, but Subaru put a stop to that. You can find your local Subaru ambassador thru your dealership. Just tell them corporate asked you to contact the dealership for the ambasssdorā€™s contact info.

The coupons are limited, so they want to make sure you are 100% going to get the car.

Hope this helps! Good luck

1 Like