2018 Subaru Outback 14% off MSRP - No haggling

Only the tourings have the sweet brown interior! My favorite interior color on these.

1 Like

Are there touring Outbacks? I saw Brown in one today, I think was Limited.

It was definitely limited!

Yeah, they made another trim above Limited starting with 2017s. I believe you can get one in the 2.5 or 3.6. I know they introduced the brown exterior for the tourings when they first came out but they might have expanded that color to limiteds.

You might be able to cancel the warranty and receive money back. They usually have a cancelation clause built into it

3 Likes

Yeah I’d second this. Plus if you make mention of this maybe they’ll reduce the price a little bit more? You could always buy it later…

Go to the Subaru forums and find out where they get best pricing on extended factory warranties. It’s usually someone in like Nebraska or something.

Get it when you’re at 35,9xx miles.

4 Likes

Subaru mails out very reasonable offering for their own extended warranty closer to the end of original.

I think you will find it hard to convince this crowd that the extended warranty is worth it. This is a lessening website after all, most want the liquidity of leasing, the freedom from long term maintenance, and the new car smell every 3 years! For a purchase, however, considering the head gasket issues of recent Subaru’s, it’s worth it if you are keeping the car for more than 6 years.

1 Like

I like that color interior but my family would destroy it. Black or Brown for me. I’m shopping for an Outback, so thanks for this post.

1 Like

lesbians, apparently. no offense to lesbians.

2 Likes

Very interesting read, thanks for posting that. I had no idea this even happened.

Can someone please recommend a dealer in northern NJ to do this kind of a deal?

Did you contact any dealers?

1. Neither came close and wasted my time

Looked through the lease numbers and they’re good. I like the numbers for a normal lease

I am an Internet Manager for a Subaru dealer in Texas and they got you really good on the back-end (loan, warranty, GAP, and security system). Here are some tips from an honest dealer. Per Kelley Blue Book, Subaru has the highest resale value of any brand so with $5,000 down you did not need GAP insurance. With Subaru StarLink Subcription $249 for 3-years you get security alarm notification via phone app if someone breaks into your Outback.It also includes stolen vehicle tracking/recovery so no need for a separate system or stolen vehicle recovery product like LoJack. I factored your drive-out at around $35,000 based on the $31,422 sale price. They got you for $5,000 in add-ons so they made a profit on your 14% off MSRP. Great job on the discount but as others here will tell you… the final drive-out number dictates your lease/loan payment.

8 Likes

The Java Brown leather interior in available only on Touring model Outback, Forester, Ascent.

1 Like

I thought Starlink sub was free for the first 3 years?
I am wondering how he got .0004 MF when the published rate I found (on Edmunds) is .00065.
I would qualify for the lowest rate and am wondering if I should move on an Outback before the Ascents show up. I assumed waiting for them to hit the lots would be better, but this thread leads me to believe they would be motivated before they arrive.

1 Like

With StarLink, Subaru only offering 1-Year free of the safety plan. Great discount prices for the 1/2/3-year security plans with alarm notification, stolen vehicle tracking/recovery, etc. Outback 2.5i Limited MF is .00065. Residuals are 59% for 10K, 61% for 12K, and 62% for 15K annual miles. You should be able to get a great deal right now. No need to wait.