2018 Porsche Boxster S - $831+Tax (39/5K) $3,000 down. California

Hello, first post here so please be generous. :sunglasses:

I got into a lease on a new Porsche boxster s, and wanted to see how well (or poorly) we did. I am not sure what the MF they used, but I have excellent credit. Can you kindly let me know what your thoughts are on this lease deal?

Thank you!!

MSRP: $87,530
Selling Price: $76,791
Monthly Payment: $831+Tax
Cash Due at Signing: $3,000
MSD:???
Incentives: Welcome porsche

Months:39
Annual Mileage:5,000
MF: 0.00145

Residual:59%
Region:California
Leasehackr Score:???

1 Like

Almost decent 12% discount but do you know what is the the money factor they charged you? And how much were the incentives? Donā€™t incentives for welcome to porsche include 3 lease payments of your previous car? Did they write you a check for that or roll it into the selling price?

1 Like

woah just noticed the 5k miles part. Yikes.

3 Likes

Hello @vhooloo,

Yes, total cap reduction was about $1,850 which rolled into the selling price. I donā€™t know what MF they used. I should ask that on my next visit.

@xslash10x, I know mate. After driving it, I need 10K miles at minimum!

It should be on your lease contract somewhere - interest rate or Money factor.

1 Like

So that means youā€™ll be buying at least 15000 miles at a minimum of $.25/mi, which brings your effective payment to $1100/month? :man_facepalming:

1 Like

@Jon, Not really. This is our 3rd car and I will only need 5K/year. I meant to say, that I wish had 10k miles.

@vhooloo, MF is .00145

1 Like

MF is usually not listed in the lease contract. But it does show the monthly finance charge. From that you can reverse calculate the MF.

Monthly Finance Charge = (Capitalized Cost + Residual Value) * MF

Requires a little al-jabrā€¦ :laughing:

2 Likes

@michael, Thank you. I leared something. I just asked the dealer in this caseā€¦

Whoah! That is a nice deal!!! You must be at a super premium tier. Generally they have it at 0.002. In any case, looks like you will enjoy your Porsche in moderation (as all good things should) and use the Rolls or Land Rover for trips to the storeā€¦ I think this is as good a deal as we have seen on Porsche. These deals are not common, so hard to compare ā€¦

1 Like

@vhooloo, Thank you for the kind feedback! I will take the moderate deal!
Great community here! I will regularly check-in.

Did you mean ā€œgentleā€?

1 Like

Nah, heā€™s gonna have a ton of overage on miles. So generous it is. :rofl:

Just kidding.

That is a very good deal for a porsche. Porsche lease deals are among the worst in the industry, I think you got a decent deal for a Boxster S.

1 Like

@Mike2000, thank you, Sir for the feedback.

If I was him, I would. The first 15k miles are over $2 per mile. $0.25 per mile (if that is the actual rate) would be a relative steal.

@chrishs2000, Hi Chris, I think the overage miles cost .30/mile.
Car is not for commute so I wonā€™t be over too much.
Since the residual is fairly decent, I may purchase the car at the end if I am over too much.

.30 is definitely a bargain on a Porsche. Leasing to buy is a good idsa since as you mentioned they donā€™t prop up residuals. Drive the hell out of it and enjoy every second :slight_smile: