2018 Nissan Leaf - Reservation Lease Rates

Just received Nissan’s email with update of my 2018 Leaf “Reservation” . The reservation process was just a sign in to receive emails from them, and annoying calls from the local dealer, and a “gift”. No $ deposited.

Not impressed by their prices. I will probably pass, since a MSRP discount for this car will probably be unrealistic in January (my current lease ends Feb 1st, unless I extend it).

Offer available Jan 23rd 2018, ends 03/31/2018. Tax not included.

2018 Nissan Leaf S [model 17018]

MSRP: $30,875
Rebates: $9,275 manufacturer’s rebate
Trade-in: $0
Net capitalized cost: $17,167 includes a $595 non-refundable acquisition fee.
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12,000
Residual: $9,263
Security Deposit: $0
Total Due At Signing: $3,979 (includes 1st payment)
Monthly Payment: $229

2018 Nissan Leaf SV [model 17118]

MSRP: $36,220
Rebates: $7,500 manufacturer’s rebate
Trade-in: $0
Net capitalized cost: $23,930 includes a $595 non-refundable acquisition fee.
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12,000
Residual: $11,590
Security Deposit: $0
Total Due At Signing: $3,979 (includes 1st payment)
Monthly Payment: $356

Zip Code: 31324 (GA)
Sales Tax Rate: 7% (Not included in price above)

Cheers!

P.S.: My first post!

1 Like

Same offer here in Texas. I Need a car and want an electric - but having trouble getting one in Texas.
This deal is not that great with $3979 down. Ouch! I’ll pass on this one.

1 Like

I used to sell Nissans, and sold a lot of LEAFs. I can’t say for sure with the 2018, but there will dealers that will give a good discount. The LEAF counts as 2 units so dealers who need to hit their number will sell you a LEAF at a good deal. We would take $3k loser deals on them because it counts as 2 units. While I wouldn’t expect that with a new model coming out, you should get better deals.

4 Likes

I got the same email. I’m in Minnesota. Disappointed that the SV only gets the $7500 credit, I’ll the base model gets more rebates. 4K down too! Lease Hacker says I shouldn’t put any down. So bad deal

What is the lease price for the SL.

2018 Nissan Leaf - Reservation Lease rates**strong text

Concord, Ca. - Reservation holder 18’ Leaf SV

Dealer advised my Red SV comes in January 16th, 2018
He assures me the monthly will be sub $200 (albeit what kind of down payment ?)
The deal you quoted sounds like a bad credit kind of lease, yes?

Would you mind if I send you the deal I am quoted around Jan 16th (barring those pesky delays that turn up with promised deliveries of new models)

Your first post? that was awesome and detailed.
Thanks
Jon (concord, Ca.)

I’d certainly like to hear more about your deal when it is confirmed. Seems to be a significant discrepancy with the earlier leases, though I wonder if this is a CA vs rest of the nation thing, what with a significant percentage of the EV inventory probably going to CA. I’m in So Cal myself so hoping for better deals.

I’ve been waiting for the new Leaf since the initial rumors, but the early publicized lease costs seem quite excessive. Even though I like the hatchback look and smaller size of the Leaf, I’m very tempted by the $199 lease for the Honda Clarity EV. I understand that they are pretty different vehicles; it’s more of a one has advantages in certain areas while the other has advantages in others.

1 Like

2018 Nissan Leaf numbers -
Thanks I will publish what I get for numbers. I am worried the salesman is being, well a salesman.
His job is to get a customer to buy in on a product. Thats kinda working. My job is to get the best deal I can while allowing the salesman and the dealership to make money and stay in business to serve me in 36 mo. from now.

If you get your numbers before me please feel free to contact or publish.

Meanwhile I’m using the 2017 Volkswagon e-golf SE as comparison and here are the numbers from
"ev-vin.blogspot.com

2017 volkswagon e-golf SE
MSRP -= $31,315
Driveoff total = $ 2349
Monthly = $199
Term = 36 mo.
Miles = 10K (overage miles $ 0.31 /mile
Total cost = $ 9314

I’m not sure what state they are quoting . They are caliing it factory lease offers ??

Best of luck Kenotech
John
Northern CA.

FYI, here are the numbers for 2018 LEAF through February 5, 2018:

There’s $7,500 lease credit; I’d check the Nissan site with your zip code to see if there are any regional or targeted incentives.

2 Likes

That’s great info! Thanks for sharing.

Are those RV numbers for 10k or 12k mi per year?

Nissan website is not showing an incentive for my ZIP yet.

Thanks

1 Like

Most likely 12k. Unless something changed in the last month, Nissan doesn’t do 10k leases.

2 Likes

2018 Nissan Leaf - Pricing for all models found on a site called DSR leasing . never heard of them.

I have a picture of the pricing for all models from “DSR Leasing”

I’ll attach below

Basically -

18’ Leaf Model S - $30,875
18’ Leaf Model SV - $33,375
18’ Leaf Model SL - $37,085

jesus the lease rate on 42 mo. was $499.00/mo. on their website. crap!

2018 Nissan Leaf - Pricing on third party site “DSR Leasing” - not able to verify with Nissan at this time

Here is what DSR Leasing is posting for all trim levels in the 2018 which match up exactly on the S.
The SV indicates a lower price which may not be accurate on the DSR site.

Keep that info. coming .
My SV is supposedly due in Walnut Creek on Sat Jan 20th.

Love this Hackr forum!
keepin it green

For what it’s worth, Orange County Fiat (SoCal) is doing $99 Fiat 300e leases with $2500 down.

$2500 California Clean air rebate applied. Won’t get this living in Texas.

36 month lease. $2,500 Down Payment + $2,500* CA clean air rebate or additional $2,500 due at signing. $0 security deposit, $0 ACQ Fee , $0 tax and license. Lessee responsible for insurance, maintenance and excess wear and mileage over 10,000 miles per year at $0.25/miles. Based on MSRP up to $34,985 with a residual value of up to $20,794. On approved credit thru Chrysler Capital. $395 disposition fee due at lease end. Orange Coast Alfa Romeo or approved lender may rescind or amend this offer without notice. *Income restrictions apply for clean air rebate. Take new vehicle delivery from Studio stock by 01/15/2018. See Studio for complete details.

Watching this as just turned in our Fiat 500e and need larger now. It’s this vs Niro PHEV or Niro EV.

Kia hasn’t put out any lease comparisons either and awaiting for these to hit each other and be competitive with the Bolt leases.

Visited my local dealer yesterday. They have 2 Leaf coming to them, but he could not get a quote yet. He said they would arrive mid-feb.

The lease numbers posted here are not justifying waiting for this vehicle in my case.

I test drove a Hyundai Ioniq hybrid. Liked the car, but there are no PHEV or EV available in my area. Maybe the Ioniq would be an option in your area.

Lease quotes for the Ioniq Hybrid were not great, so I passed.

If those numbers are right it’s just another case of a auto company having 0 faith in there resale value. It’s right on par with where a Sentra would actually be percentage wise. Even if they give you better numbers and hit you up on the MF with the Sentra.

1 Like

2018 Nissan Leaf - I’m not able to find the leaf lease credit of $7500 in zips near me - 94521, 94596, etc.
can you advise where I can locate this great credit currently ?

Desired vehicle -
2018 Nissan Leaf SV

Thanks
No updates from my dealer after Jan 19th on eta
Concord , CA

The $7500 rebate should be the federal tax incentive that Nissan would get from the Federal government and applied to the Cap cost reduction, if I am not mistaken. It may be voluntary?! Not sure.

Autobytel shows $7500 for your zip.
https://www.autobytel.com/nissan/leaf/2018/incentives/

S: $9275
SL: $7900

Cheers.

1 Like