2018 Model S P100DL Lease Too Good to Be True?

Hey guys! Wasn’t sure if it was better to post in the Share Deals vs Ask Hackrs category so I did both. Hope thats ok.

So i currently have a 2016 Model S 90D which has been great and I was planning on getting into something new next month (2019 I8 roadster for 3800 Down and 10K miles/yr around 1300/month payments). Everything was going great until I messaged the lease return team at Tesla last week to try and schedule a return date.

The guy who replied didn’t answer any of my questions. Instead he tried to tempt me into getting into one of a few remaining 2018 P100DLs that they had in stock and he said the deals are “CRAZY”. I was skeptical but when he go back to me with the numbers I realized he wasn’t kidding. Basically he told me things had changed and there were new incentives on EXISTING inventory including 20K discount for the ludicrous package (which wasn’t being offered before to existing inventory) as well as free supercharging for existing Tesla owners. And apparently there was a huge discount being applied onto the vehicle onto of this.

I’ve attached the numbers that they sent me and also the options on the car. FSD package was initially not on the vehicle but it had the hardware capability so with an additional 5K it was added on (this is not shown on the option list since it was added on afterwards but the numbers reflect the added option).

When I build the exact same car with same features online, apart from the fact that mine is a 2018, my lease payments are coming out to roughly $1800/mon with 7500 down. With the FSD added onto the car, MY payments came to $850/mon with roughly 7300 down. (The numbers I’m attaching below reflect $5000 DAS numbers just FYI)

Obviously I felt very good about these numbers compared to what I pay now for my 90D so I pulled the trigger. Would love some input on this from the LH community! (P.S. I’m not sure if I’m calculating the LH score correctly, can anyone help?)

2018 Tesla Model S P100D Ludicrous:
Lease Hacker Score around 14-15

**MSRP: $*138,200
**Selling Price: $98,200
**Monthly Payment: $920
**Cash Due at Signing: $5000
**MSD:None
**Incentives: 20K ludicrous incentive discount, additional 20K off for loyalty pricing on 2018

**Months:36
**Annual Mileage:12,000
**MF:.002437
**Residual:79,760

**Region: TN
**Leasehackr Score:14-15

[/quote]

Don’t make duplicate threads