2018 Honda Pilot EX-L Demo (Leasable?)

Hi Hackrs,

Searched for a Honda Pilot and found a demo (3k miles) EX-L for around 10% off MSRP.
MSRP: $39,635

Does anyone know if these are leasable?

The dealer is saying no, and that it would finance as a used car.

Seems weird to me, tried searching the forum on my phone to no avail. Would appreciate any hackers who could give more clarity on this.

1 Like

No from my experience you can’t lease a Honda demo vehicle. I believe there is no bank that gives dealers any support to allow for leasing.

1 Like

Not all captives provide lease support for loaners/demos. Honda is one of them who doesn’t. Each brand has different rules pertaining to leasing loaners

1 Like

Hondas typically do not lease well and from my experience dealers try to push for purchase instead of lease. Here in SoCal, you can easily get 4-5k off a brand new Honda Pilot EX-L purchase. Honda just announced 2019 Pilot (goes on sale July 16th), you should be able to get better deals after that. Also they company is pushing for EX-L leases, I think $359 or some thing with $3000 down. Go to Edmunds/KBB and price a car it will also send out purchase requests to dealers, you should be able to get better deals.

1 Like

Found the smartass that didn’t even read OP.

1 Like

Thank all. Appreciate the info.