2018 Honda Clarity TOURING Plug-In Hybrid Lease (36 mo/12k) for $385/mo(including tax) with $900.00 DriveOff (first mos, taxes, reg, & Fees) Southern California

This can’t be true, if you buy cash the selling price won’t be 10K less than invoice price for the dealer. The lease allows for tax credit to be taken off the invoice and that makes the selling price go down to the 27K per my understanding. Happy to be educated more if I am mistaken here.

The sales price isn’t lowered, the adjusted cap cost is. HFS knows that the Clarity gets a tax credit, so they adjust the RV lower.

Hey, I am working on a deal in NorCal

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2018 HONDA CLARITY TOURING PLUG-IN HYBRID

MSRP: $ 37,495.00
Selling Price: $ 29,125
Aquisition fee: $ 595
Monthly Payment: $ 329 ($ 360 incl. tax)
Drive-off: $ 3,999, including

• 1st month payment: $360
  • Down payment: $2,845 (I want to fold that into the monthly still)
  • Registration and doc fee: $494
  • Tax on cap cost reduction and fees: $271
  • Missing: $ 30 (?)

**Months: ** 36
**Annual Mileage: ** 12,000
**MF: ** 0.00071
**Residual: ** 16,122.85

Zip Code: 95101

22% off MSRP, dealer said they are passing on $7,300 Fed. Tax. + $1,070 dealer rebate. According to Edmunds, tax credit is $7,500 (https://www.edmunds.com/fuel-economy/the-ins-and-outs-of-electric-vehicle-tax-credits.html).

I found a mention on hidden rebates of up to $7,100 for the Clarity Plugin Hybrid here, but the dealer said he doesn’t know about them (http://www.realcartips.com/news/0651-biggest-hidden-rebates.shtml). Does anyone have more info about the rebates?

Otherwise, I am only $1,500 off from the OP’s deal. I’d appreciate any hints on how to get there.

I am so looking to lease. Could you share name of dealer in Bay area and what color car did you get. Thamkd

Email some SoCal dealerships. The dealer discount can be in the $3500 range if not more. I’d say you’d have to hit at least $10,500 off in total ($7k+ rebates + dealer discounts) to call it a deal.

Are there other post sales rebates besides CVRP and SCE?

Good deal. Mind sharing the dealer info?