2018 Honda Clarity TOURING Plug-In Hybrid Lease (36 mo/12k) for $385/mo(including tax) with $900.00 DriveOff (first mos, taxes, reg, & Fees) Southern California

Just Signed 36mos lease for 2018 Honda Clarity Touring Plug-in. I’ve been shopping around, seems like a decent deal so i would like to share with the community. My brother and cousin also got one. First post please be gentle, LOL!

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2018 HONDA CLARITY TOURING PLUG-IN HYBRID

MSRP: $ 37,490.00
Selling Price: $ 27,620.00
Monthly Payment: $ 385.00 including tax
Down Payment: $ 900.00 includs first mos, tax, reg, fees
**MSD: ** $0

**Months: ** 36
**Annual Mileage: ** 12,000
**MF: ** 0.00071
**Residual: ** 16,495.60

Zip Code: 92821

there are two post-lease rebates i am eligible for.

California Clean Vehicle Rebate Project $1500.00

and

SCE Clean Fuel Rewards Program Rebate of $450.00

4 Likes

do i see one more in the back ? lol

goood deal and enjoy

1 Like

Total: 3 cars…

That’s awesome! Family groupbuy. I didn’t even price out the Hondas because it was out of my price range, but congrats. It sounds like you guys got a good deal. I talked to a couple of GM salespeople on the Volt, and they seemed like they didn’t want to budge on the MSRP. They wanted to use factory incentives to bring down the price. I ended up going with a ICE Tiguan.

1 Like

I’m also considering…What was your Money Factor?

Lowest I could get through costco pricing was $34K.

Nice ! I think thats a first clarity deal in the forums. Btw, do they only come in white? Or did the dealer have only that in stock ?

They come in other colors, black, silver, grey, green, and red.

I think the white and black ones look the best.

1 Like

I think my MF was 0.00071

So, you might ask, “Why does color matter?” Like many vehicle features, color plays a role in the resale value of your car.

color plays a role in the residual value of your car

2 Likes

That’s false. It might play a role in resale value, but it does not play a role in residual value.

i plan on buying the car after the lease, we drive over 20k miles a year.

but you are right Jon, the residual value is set by the finance company, so if you lease the car it does not affect the value when you are planning to return the car.

Congratulations on your new cars. Clarity PHEV is definitely on my shopping list. The residual is only 44%. Why is it so low?

Feel like it’s a much better deal to get the Fuel Cell version. The lease is a little more, but you get $15k in fuel and a $5k rebate from the state, making it much cheaper.

Here are my reasons for not choosing a fuel cell commuter vehicle.

i dont know much about the technology, and i want something more widely adapted.

i need about 20k-30k miles a year, so i will buy my clarity after my lease, and eventually i will sell the clarity when it gets up to 150k miles and i think it will be easier to sell than a fuel cell clarity, IMHO, LOL.

because the $7200 federal tax credit is passed to the consumer which helps subsidized the cost of the Clarity.

1 Like

The federal tax credit drives down the selling price, not the residual value. It looks like Honda anticipates low residual values for Clarity. 44% - 47% is the norm for Clarity.

2 Likes

I agree with @v12bitruboamg. It’s the opposite. The credit drives down the RV, not the selling price. Selling price, before the credit, stays the same whether purchasing or leasing.

1 Like

Agreed, if you’re leasing to buy, I wouldn’t want the fuel cell.

But for people that are leasing to lease, getting fuel cell is the no brainier in SoCal, as long as the fuel cell filling station locations work for your commute/driving patterns.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting. The article doesnt really offer any evidence to support their hypothesis though, just % of colors for each class of vehicle. No monetary amount tied to those percentages.

@v12bitruboamg What would be the price for the base? would you mind sharing the dealer/contact info where you got it? I am in the same market. Thx a lot