2018 Honda Accord Touring 1.5T Deal?

This is the generic ad for my local dealership that I saw initially
Capture2

When i was at the dealership, I saw this managers special. need to call them and ask if there is downpayment)

2018 Honda Accord Touring 1.5T
$299 Per Month
Payment is plus sales tax, $2999 Cap Cost Reduction, plus 1st payment, tax, title, doc and license.

On approved credit. 36 month lease, 12k miles per year

Effectively 383/month. Not a good deal

Do a little searching…

Edit- I saw 1.5 and thought it was cheap. I see these start at 34. Not bad at all.

any numbers available for 2018 Accord Touring 1.5?
msrp/cap cost/residual/money factory

I dont have those details. This was at Norm Reeves Honda dealer in Irvine CA. You could contact them for the info.

from edmunds:
.00092 MF
54% residual (36mo, 12k)
$1000 incentive on 1.5 Touring
msrp 34695

I don’t have all of the details but I got my Accord Sport a few weeks ago for $288. Only drive off fee was my first months payment. A broker reached out to me to help me and he came through! I can give you his info if you’d like.

Is this a good deal for a 2018 Honda Accord Touring 1.5T?:

36 months/ 15K miles
Sticker price (MSRP) of the car: $34,675
residual 52% = $18030.48
Negotiated selling price of car: $29,603.00
fees: $983.49

Money factor: 0.00092
tax for CA: 1.1

No money down.

Monthly payment: $448.54 (including tax)

Sorry, but no. That’s an effective $475 a month to drive the 1.5 Honda Accord. Many other cars available for a better price.

I mean, it’s not $9000 down and $350 a month for 39 months, but it’s still bad!

With those figures, are you rolling in negative equity from another lease?

1 Like

Repeat after me
I, Leasehackr, shall strive to get the best bang for buck. I shall not LEASE Hondas, Audis or Porsches.
If I really need them, I shall finance them at the cheapest rate at the credit union.

6 Likes

Audi A4 and S4 leased a lot better this summer than most Hondas…EXL and Touring trims of pretty much every Honda are particularly atrocious

1 Like

YES YES YES.

I financed a 2018 Sport 2.0T for $50 more a month (60mos) than what a 36/15 lease would have cost. If you really want an Accord just buy it, with the huge discounts you’ll never be upside down. It’s like a lease you can get out of at any time or just keep :joy:

The lease residuals on these are totally hilarious in the exact opposite way that GM’s and BMW’s are. Honda will be making money when these get turned in.

2 Likes

+1

Going to go with the Touring 1.5t. Lease quotes were in the low-mid 4 range for 12k/36, so instead Im going to finance it, $435/month over 5 years, with 6k down.

Is this a good way to calculate lease payment? : edmunds “calculate your own lease payment” https://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/calculate-your-own-lease-payment.html

I’ve also used the “Car Payment” app on Apple Store.

Please let me know what is most accurate.

Thanks!