2018 GMC Terrain $160/m sign and drive

First are you looking at an AWD or FWD? Right off the bat?

(1) Tax is higher here and you pay that tax on the rebates.

(2) Tags are crazy high here in WA.

(3) Looks like your rebates are about $1500 less than OP

(4) Your base residual is 63% which is for a FWD Terrain SLE. The residual is higher on an AWD. Further, it looks like your effective residual is even less than that. Is this vehicle a demo and they’re adjusting the residual for mileage?

(5) your money factor is marked up from the buy rate of .00135.

That msrp corresponds with a fwd with a special color.

1 Like

I am getting close - not many want to play ball it seems though. I might be closing on one today for a friend will let you know.

1 Like

Just finished negotiations on a MSRP $40,655 Terrain Denali FWD.

MSRP 40,655
Selling Price: 36,509
Conquest 3000
GM Financial 2650
Incremental CCR 750

Term: 24
Miles: 15,000
Tax 7.25%

I did the GM One-Pay and the total drive off will be $8,026 (if you break this into monthly payments, it would be $334.42 per month).

Is this a good deal for the Terrain Denali? The selling price is about 10% under the MSRP.

Reaching out to some more dealers to work deals but inventory is noticeably lower than it was at the beginning of the month. They have been moving these Terrains easily it would seem. In Kansas City there is only 1 SLE FWD with Nav and Preferred package within 100 miles. Going to be hard to do a deal on that one.

You did good. A Denali for $334 per month at 15k per year is not bad. I’ve seen some quotes here that are near that for a base SLE at 10k.

Even with numbers in hand my first dealer had me at $250 plus 1200 in drive offs for an SLE. So about $300 per month. Luckily I have many dealers in the area because this one didn’t budge and I found way better deals after.

1 Like

I’ve gotten $290 a month for a loaded SLE sign and drive for 10k/24. I’m working on a SLT loaded for hopefully something similar since the price is pretty close.

EDIT: Man oh man was I given a bad deal. GMC SLT with all the packages for $360 a month with $533 for 1st month and registration with 10k/36 this also rolled in two of my payments of $321.46. They only took a little bit more than 3% off MSRP and when i put all the number in the calculator it was low 300s so they had to be doing something fishy.

Ouch!!! that stings man. Trying to neg one myself currently perhaps this one will work out(ha).

1 Like

Basically you want to aim for:

Selling price 10% off msrp
All the rebates($6400 in most places)
Base MF(0.00135)

Also 24 months is leasing better than 36.

1 Like

That’s what I was trying to do, they went from 5 to 3% and didn’t want to negotiate at all. They were just being cheap. I think it was partly since the car wasn’t even on the lot yet. I’ve talked to three dealers on long Island and none of them seem to want to do more than 5% off.

Try Philly dealers.

@Jmsells You could probably push for a bit more discount on the Denali, check and see how many they have on the lot.

Is there a $650 lease fee by GM Financial in the list of fees? Would removing $650 for increased MF of 0.00075 be applicable on Terrains ?

If possible, this trade-off may not save much on Terrain due to higher Adjustd Capitalized cost (cap cost - rebates) than Encore deal we done recently:

We saved $100+ on OnePay, by choosing the 0.00075 increase in MF, while removing $650 GM lease-fee … thought to bring-up this option if any help (not sure this option would save any money on Terrain since it costs higher than Encore …)

The acquisition fee waiver is pointless except on low MSRP 24 months leases now. It used to be a lower MF markup which made it worthwhile for most 24 months leases, but on a terrain it will actually increase your payment.

Makes sense - 0.00075 ~~ 1.8% APR. Obviously, the higher adjusted Cap cost (Cap Cost - Rebates), higher the Rent portion of payments. True - lower MSRP (specifically, lower Adj Cap Cost on which MF applies), and shorter the term., may consider this option. Doesn’t sound like Terrain can make use of this option as savings are not there … Thanks

Thanks for the tip. The prices are better, but they all have the 2.0 engine and the sunroof I don’t really need. Really want the Alert 2. Strange how they’re all spec’d like that over there.

Anyone able to replicate this in San Diego?

Nope just crazy prices!

455 before taxes for an slt1 from North county :rofl:

1 Like

North County San Diego? I’m trying to work a deal for a friend and my brother.

Yeah the quote above was from North county Cadillac. Tried mbk as well they are nuts. Only Simpson had a good deal as discussed here or another thread I forget.

San Diego dealers have been horrid tbh.

I’ve personally never been able to find a decent car deal in SD. I’ve always had to drive up to LA for them.