2018 Genesis G80 3.8 lease

Nope was doing math wrong :slight_smile:

Residual % x sales price

Should be

Residual x MSRP

Lol

any updates for us? 2020202

I’m going to wait to do anything. I bet when the G70 comes out there will be great deals on G80s and G90s.

Id love a G90 especially since it doesn’t have the pano sunroof issues some G80 owners have, but it’s just too expensive for cruising around town.

There was a G80 Sport for $42k online with 8k miles in NY so I also think the used deals might come for those who wait.

I was just looking into Genesis after seeing a $33k 2017 G80 with 14k miles at Carmax which piqued my interest. It seems the lack of incentives and terrible lease deals are all ‘part of a plan’ to essentially keep sales pretty low for this year…

TBH I can’t see the brand becoming successful until they inevitably jump on the SUV bandwagon. Lexus arguably attained the majority of it’s success on the RX and I can imagine some posh Tuscon and Santa Fe based vehicles would sell pretty well at the moment!

Wife was for a service with our 2015 Genesis yesterday at North Scottsdale Hyundai. This is very nice dealership possibly fulfilling their concept for Genesis. The friendly service advisor reported they expect the G70 any time now and “they have a lot of interest”…
I will extend the lease of ours to see what hack deal I can do in December.

I’ve been shopping a G90 lease in SE region, mostly the 3.3t. I’m generally getting 6-7% off msrp ($4k) then another $9k in lease cash. Residuals are low…44% despite decent mf 0.00013. Getting about $750/mo offers before tax which is added to monthly. Still seems rich to me for 36/10k. This is with nothing down.

Wish the $12k lease cash would come back. Debating whether to wait it out. These don’t seem to be moving well right now though some of the dealers don’t seem to have much inventory.

What to do…

I’m currently leasing a 2016 Genesis Ultimate (year before it was called G80) for $450 a month. About 1k down including first month and have a damadge waiver.

Car was a demo with 2800 miles on it.

I’m super happy with it and the price especially with the insane amount of feature it has.

Doesn’t seem like I’ll get this deal again any time soon. Will cherish my last 6 months in it.

Extend it 6 months with HMF

2018 G90’s have the 10k lease cash again on all trim levels, still a 43% residual on 36/10. MF has three zeros infront of it also.

1 Like

Do you think prices could be reasonable?

Probably works better as the lease to buy method, but if you find a motivated dealer low 600’s to high 500’s including tax would seem feasible. There is also uber discount I believe and others. Just email a couple dealers see what they say.

FYI I saw a G70 at a dealer in Detroit today. It was a 2.0 but still looks like a sharp car.

3 Likes

Like it. 1010101010

Great looking car, but guessing since it is new, the finance arm is not going to take a chance and the residual will be low, asking you to to the risk versus them.

The interior was sharp. These were 2.0 models. The less expensive one was nice and $35k. That is like a loaded accord!!! The nicer one had a very very nice interior. Like a mini G90. I dislike the screen like a tablet in the middle of the dash though.

Year: 2018
Make, Model, and Trim: Genesis G80 3.8
Months/Annual Mileage: 36/12k
Zip Code: 33175

Residual: ?
MF: ?
Incentives: ?

Thank you!

I think if the G70 sells well then we might have a chance. But if sales continue sucking, there’s no way we’ll snag deals again with the terrible residuals.

2 Likes

go to Edmunds . . . Copy and paste “Genesis G80 MF and Residual” into google edmunds will come up

1 Like

G90 residual for 36/12 is 43%. Ouch!!!