2018 Ford Fusion Hybrid. Should I take the deal?

If you’d only save $8/mo for 39 months, I’d suggest you do 36 months and avoid the registration renewal.

WIth $0 down, what’s your actual out of pocket? Are they hitting you for acquisition fee, 1st payment, and license, or does the $6,750 rebate cover everything.

Thank you for the advice. I was never considering a 39-month lease, so I am not entirely sure why the salesperson included that option.

And with this specific car, the rebate covers everything.

Just curious. $0 down could mean $0 cap cost reduction, the down payment portion of a lease drive-off. It’s not labelled “Cash Due at Signing.”

There’s payments close to that range with Chevy Volts (I’m not sure how much higher these days, but there’s also one-pays that are nice). A Volt might have a much bigger MSRP as well and you can drive them up to about 53 miles on the battery. Driving on the battery is so much cheaper than driving on the dinosaur. I think the Fusion doesn’t go very far on pure battery (20 miles?). I’m assuming it’s a plug-in, I think all the Fusion hybrids are.

@chevysalesgirl might have some useful input if you’re curious.

The salesman had 39 months on there because it’s a smart sales tactic. Having a choice distracts from analyzing the quality of the deal.

1 Like

Unfortunately, it is not a plug-in.

I did ask (without beating around the bush) if I would have to pay anything at all and was told no with this particular car. The other I was considering had the usual fees (which amounted to $1,300+). However, the rebate was over 2K less.

I also was told some story about Volts with a new law that was recently passed by the salesperson (taken with a grain of salt). I cannot recall what it was, but I do remember them saying specific Chevy models were being phased out along with a massive amount of layoffs. But are not Fusions going to be no longer manufactured as well?

If I could deal with @chevysalesgirl, that would be awesome. Tricia is the most honest and most helpful salesperson. I would have leased a vehicle from her before my last, but her inventory moves crazy fast.

I think PhilT or something like that also deals in Volts in NorCal…

1 Like

Yes- I see there’s a Fusion hybrid and the Energi is the plug-in. So forget the CA and PG&E rebates unless you get the plug-in Energi.

GM is shuttering several plants, and one of them builds the Volt. I’m shocked, as I thought the Volt was a good seller for them. You could go Bolt and never buy gas, but I think the Fusion and Volt drive nicer. GM is going to get a lot of heat for putting so many people out of work in advance of a slowdown. They owe the American people a lot better than the devastation they’re going to create for all those factory towns. Shame on them. I think even Ford is going to build all trucks plus what, just the Mustang in the near future?

1 Like

What you wrote is what the salesperson said. It all came back to me upon reading.

And I too thought the Volt was a huge seller. They are very much in demand (from what I have witnessed). Even the lease transfers do not stick around long (at least, not where I am from).

Update:

For some reason, I did not take the deal on the table last month. I was not attempting to play hardball, but it is a good thing I waited. I picked up a 2019 today for $60 less per month and $2,000 less than the 2018 model (with more features). The dealership was empty. Glad I waited. Zero down, zero due at signing. I was in and out in an hour.

congrats! might to share the final number? Thanks

Thank you. The final price was $16,600.00

so its 0 due and $160 a month for the 36 month 10k a year?

Yes, that is correct.

wow great deal! let me see if my local Ford dealer can do that too… I’m also in NorCal

Hopefully, they can. Glad I stopped by today.

what rebate do you qualify?

The incentives on 2019 Fusion Hybrid are crazy. Here in SoCal, there’s $7,000 + $400 RCL Customer Cash. There’s $500 recent grad/first responder cash on top of that. A sub-$200/month, zero drive-off deal is definitely possible.

1 Like

Odd, I am looking through my paperwork, and they did not include all of them on the final deal yet they applied them. I do not have a copy of the offer sheet with the breakdown. I will examine again to make sure I am not overlooking it. The salesperson did mention being able to add discounts that were available today that were not last month. I wish I could be more specific.

In total, rebates and incentives totaled approximately $10,000.

I am still looking so you can ask for the specific ones applied, skyline. It is weird that is the only paper missing. It broke down each rebate and incentive individually. It was precisely in the format as my first attachment.

oh i see… was wondering if I need to qualify for specific ones like fleet or recent grads to get to those rebate…
@michael that’s crazy! I don’t know if NorCal will have the same rebates… we should see when I get email back from the dealers tomorrow

Thank you for the assist! Hopefully, this will be very helpful to others. I am glad I waited.