2018 f15 bmw x5

Sounds like they are not wanting to sell a car. All the dealers in Texas markup the MF, which is surprising given how leases go in TX with full sales tax unless tax credits are available.

Tax credits should be available to help move these old X5s off the lot over the next two months, or one would think

So newest offer on Demo 2,000 miles - 2018 X5:

MSRP = $72,460
Selling Price = $62,780 + $1,500 lease cash, $1,000 loyalty and $500 USAA ($3,000 in incentives on top of selling price)
Residual = 59% @ 36/10 w/ adjustment for mileage (somewhere around 2,000 possibly less, haven’t verified 58.4% residual is what I used in the calculator)
MF = 0.00202 (marked up half of what is allowed - don’t love it, but haven’t started negotiation)
Term = 36 months, 10K per year
Cash Due at Signing is first month payment only = $745
Tax Credits are applied, live in TX
Monthly Payment = $745
Document Fee/Registration Fee = $340
Acquisition Fee = $925 not waive even though car is punched as demo, not a service loaner
*** Doc/Reg/Acq fees rolled in to monthly

I think the offer should be sub 1% of the MSRP, not sure what my HACKR target should be. Any help?

I think they might have been trying to shift a couple of units at the end of October to meet quota but are now trying to sell the rest at the higher price.

Woodlands BMW, and every Woodlands dealership for that matter, are very rarely competitive. I’d be very surprised if the best deal on any of these loaners is at the beginning of the month. I think I know 6 people who have contacted them including people in this thread about those loaners so they’ll play hardball, and try and get people through the door.

@DigitalBC did you actually go in or have you just been discussing deals via email/text? I didn’t get a chance to go in today but will try tomorrow. I don’t normally go in person to negotiate but given so many people are bombarding them it makes sense to speak to the sales manager directly and they can say yay or nay on a deal.

I have not gone it was all in email and text/phone. The above deal is from another dealer and not sure how much further down I can get the selling price.

What should my percent of MSRP be on the above deal?

I think the numbers @dfwguy got are realistically the best we’ll see. I think the discount was at $18k off a $63k loaner so your $72k vehicle will always be more expensive but you can target the same discount percentage. You have the required loyalty and fleet incentives so that’s a big help.

That is like 27.5% off MSRP? Are you sure that is the correct number?

I think the discount mentioned included incentives. I worked up these numbers from what @dfwguy mentioned and they seem to add up: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=BMW&msrp=63000&sales_price=48500&months=36&mf=.00182&dp=0&doc_fee=80&acq_fee=925&taxed_inc=2500&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=1000&resP=59&reg_fee=400&sales_tax=6.25&memo=&zero_driveoff=true&salesPriceTax_radio=true&miles=10000&msd=0

Discount came to 23% which is possible with a loaner of an outgoing model.

Is the post sale BMWCCA combinable on a demo vehicle? If also using:

1. Lease Credit
  2. Loyalty
  3. USAA

*** Answered my own question - you can’t use BMWCCA on a loaner demo.

Yeah, my bad BMWCCA can’t be used.

New, non-registered vehicles in excess of 1,000 miles including company vehicles, retail demos
or loaner vehicles. 3rd party brokers, lease companies, etc. do not qualify

1 Like

Here is what I am going to attempt:

Thinking it will get shot down, but doesn’t hurt to try - that is moving MF down to base and also discounting their selling price from $62,780 to $58,500.

Cut the selling price down to $62,000 not sure about MF and got to a $723 payment or a one pay option that gets it to a $667 payment (not putting out $24K for this). We are still very far apart - about $3,500 in selling price of vehicle.

Which engine size version were you targeting as your MSRP is quite high. Did you mention a percentage discount to them you were looking to reach?

If the one pay is significantly cheaper couldn’t you loan the amount via a credit union at a much lower rate and save the difference between the lease rate and loan rate?

It is a 35i sdrive - pretty much loaded, not many x5 sitting with third row at this point. I did mention percent discount I was looking to reach and they said it would be difficult. I still think there is further to go as they are only 14.5% off before incentives. I am pushing for 18-20%.

The difference in one pay is about 7.7% cheaper. $667 vs $723, only first month due at drive off in the $723 option.

I went in and looked at the X5 loaners Woodlands BMW have a couple of days ago. I got a new sales guy who was eager but wasn’t much help. A note of caution about the loaner vehicles I saw, they’ve had really hard lives. I test drove one with 4k miles and it had several deep scratches, missing interior trim pieces, stained plastic, etc. If I hadn’t of known the mileage I would have thought it had 40k mileage. I know it’s only to lease but the condition of them is really poor. I’m amazed they didn’t get them detailed and paintwork fixed so they wouldn’t have to discount them so much and would shift them easier.

They gave me an awful quote even though I told them the numbers I was looking for, marking up the MF and including my incentives as part of the already advertised discount which was expected.

^^^ These TX dealers aren’t wanting to move right now. I was told today when circling back on a car that shows to have sat on their lot for 255 days (not sure if that is accurate via CarGurus). They could maybe meet my asking price, but were not interested bc I wanted a non marked up MF and tax credits.

Do you know if you can get tax credits for no charge or does BMW in TX require a 1% of MSRP in order to utilize them?

Tax credits are voodoo magic. It’s really difficult to find a coherent pattern with them. One thing that we have seen is that you’re not going to get a huge discount, base MF, and tax credits together. It’ll be 2 of the 3, but I’d be happy to see that proven incorrect (but haven’t seen any deals that have).

One good way to maximise it is to get a big discount, get the base MF, and use a trade-in vehicle to offset the tax. But of course you have to have the vehicle with a substantial value to do that.

The man @dfwguy listed the info he’s managed to collect on tax credits here: Fellow texans, how do you feel about leasing a vehicle in Texas? Other good info in that thread.

If I find a car at a BMW dealer out of state do they still have the ability to get tax credits from BMW for a TX lease? Say a CA dealer?

Doubtful. Seems like it’s done at the dealership’s discretion so the SoCal dealers probably don’t even know what tax credits are.

No, it’s a purely Texas thing. Basically Texas has to refund any excess vehicle sales tax paid back to the dealership, who have to offer it to customers but they decide when and who. It’s crazy but you can only get them in Texas.

On previous leases they were entirely free, now it seems like dealers have incorporated a 1% of MSRP in order to utilize tax credits. I mean it is still a great benefit, trade off of $3500-$4000 in taxes and in turn pay $500-$700 up front or rolled in.

Not sure if the entire benefit is still available or the 1% charge is just when they don’t really want to offer but can? Seems like they always have them just don’t want to use them.