2018 Discover Sport HSE Luxury Offer - Executive Demo

Agreed. I started conversations with numerous LR dealers at $500/mo area with nothing down and they said straight up other than an evoque, it’s not happening. Cars sell themselves they have little incentive to discount.

I disagree. If the dealer has made their numbers for the month, or if the cars are hot, or for a million other reasons they won’t eat into their profits as much as you think. There are gems once in a while but sitting quietly in their office being stubborn isn’t a guaranteed win.

If you want to prove me wrong lets talk offline I’ll gladly pay you a finders fee :smile:

No comparison.
The OP is looking at the Discovery Sport (smaller brother of the full sized Discovery).

I have a Discovery Sport and have to say - pass.

With all the issues I have had (TCU, ECU, squeaks, rattles, creaks, ticking sounds) - I’d rather drive a 1980’s GM Blazer…

I spent months driving a Jag F Pace while my car was being worked on and parts being flown in from the UK…

My current lease is up for early pull ahead but I am not convinced to go back to LR…

No luck at asking for an additional $5K off, bringing my drive-off to $5k total w $520/monthly. The GM called me and asked if I’d be willing to let a $64k Demo car for for $48K. I said sure, if that’s what the market dictates. Held film that the MF (0.001) and Residual(45%) were non-negotiable for a 2018 “New” Demo vehicle with 9.1K miles on it. Disappointed they wouldn’t budge more, and annoyed that I received a lecture about how they weren’t being “dishonest” or “lying” to me and had the best intentions to make a strong deal. I didn’t imply either during any of our conversation…

Thanks for the support and help with this one forum. Keep on being great!

did you expect they’d just slash $5k because you just ask for it?

lol typical car dealer nonsense…don’t read too much into it

I used the KBB and carguru value for the this model with 9K miles on it, which was on average 5k lower than the price they gave.

KBB is useful, but not always an accurate price model for demo cars