2018 Chevrolet Equinox FWD LT $180 24months x 10k (MSRP 28K)

If there are other NJ buyers for Chevy Equinox FWD LT, hit me up ASAP. We can shoot for a group sale and end up with a further discount for the group.

In order to replicate my numbers, you will have to have Non GM Lease and educator discount. With no educator discount you will be like $300-500 off so about 10-20 a month most.

I followed the advice on how to calculate the lease by hand and went with the standard formula. Can you tell the correction with my table? The dealer okayed my numbers presented above

Iā€™m wary of Englewood because most of their specials like this appear to be one-offs, and usually loaners too. They are also kind of flaky to communicate with via email.

Not sure how youā€™re getting at $140 a month. Using your numbers, I am coming to this: http://bit.ly/2ttP5GU . This spreadsheet seems very weird because it is not taxing the rebates as required in NJ. What do the incentives break down to?

he is using 10K, your calc uses 12K

I never changed the drop-down. I used the 10k residual of 67% as you can see

are you able to replicate my excel on your computer? I guess if so, you can fix whatever error you think I am making and share it so we have a corrected deal.

MSRP: 27895 is firm
Rebates 6250 is firm
Sale Price post Incentives: 19219 is firm
mf: 0.00198 is firm
RV 67% is firm
ancillary = 399 + 650 + 349 + 485 = 1833 is firm (dealer doc+aq+dmv+sec.reg)
NJ tx 6.625 is firm
Monthly Payment with True 0 = $187.25 Firm (as of now)

Can you work with these in excel format like I have so we can see how different we are looking at.

I used 67% I donā€™t use the dropdown I just put in whatever the residual is. But because some of you are so perplexed over it, here: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

Iā€™m new to leasing, havenā€™t done it, was thinking about this deal, primarily off of some of the advertised specials on Equinoxes that were put in the Buick Encore thread where it was $89 a month.

I guess Iā€™m surprised at the amount of fees included, pushing a deal that was $89 a month up to 187 a month with tax. Is that normal?

What is security registration fee? how is this different than an acquisition fee? it seems like you have $1524 of ā€œfeesā€ which seems like a lot.

at around 100-120 I was sort of interested, at 187, it seems pretty close to the $250-300 range that the competitors are in. Granted its cheaper, but like $100 cheaper, rather than 200ā€¦

Iā€™m not trying to be critical here, it seems like a great deal if you want the truck. Iā€™m just trying to understand all this ancillary stuff, as it seems like the payment is 50-80 higher than what I guess I originally thought based upon the advert.

The ā€œ$89ā€ deals donā€™t include bank fee of $650, doc fee of around $400 (in NJ), DMV fee, tax, or tax on rebates. Divided over $24 months it adds a decent amount to the payment. It is all in the fine print.

3 Likes

Could you breakout the 6,250 in rebates?

Sorry, donā€™t have a breakdown yet but I have gotten similar rebates from a few separate dealers so they are legit numbers. I suppose $2500 conquest cash is straight forward, $1500 is flex probably and donā€™t know the other $2250 is coming from where.

Iā€™m not going to make an excel spreadsheet considering it isnā€™t my car. You arenā€™t taxing the rebates which is the law in New Jersey. Thatā€™s $400+ you arenā€™t accounting for. Itā€™s better to just use the leasehackr calculator because it is accurate. Did the dealer send you that quote? It might just be easier to post that here instead of a screenshot of your excel.

1 Like

the dealer quote is there in my first OP.

No, I get that, where Iā€™m lost is that I was expecting 89+$24 which is $113 and the OP is at $180 and he seems to have a small educators discount on top of the offer.

I will try revising it with taxed rebates but if I am working in the confines of $187 as my monthly payment committed by the dealer, I am assuming it will only discount the sale price lower to accommodate for the taxed rebates

bank fee = $650 + DMV fee of ~$225 + doc fee of $399
All of these are much more than $24 per month (not sure where youā€™re getting that). You should probably play around with the calculator so you understand where the numbers come from.

I honestly donā€™t think you are going to get much lower. Personally, I would jump on it before they run out of flex cash even if the numbers make no sense. We got our 2018 Equinox FWD LT for $250 a month in October but the rebates were much less and we have Confidence and Convenience and an optional paint color.

The fine print on ads are often wrong.

Still, the GMC/Buick conquest is easier to qualify for.

It doesnā€™t work like that. There was a post above that explained how that number is often time based on a blatant impossibility, and they work up from that. Since the deal says this is the price, but does not include ancillary feesā€¦well the stuff those fees and jack them up to make up for the margin lost on the advertised deal. Negotiable depending on how bad they want to sell the car.