2018 Chev Equinox LT Orange 13k/Year $470.59/Month (NJ)

Note to self… Avoid Lucas Chevrolet! I’ve hit them up for quotes before with very little success, and now I see why.

1 Like

I’m in the dealership right now and my wife is about to sign on the same car with more options for $250 a month sign and drive basically. Oh getting a $300 Costco card in the mail too.

Dude, take it to Newark and leave it running and just walk away…

3 Likes

Yeah my first car from there was a dodge dart which was 220 a month and that was a used car with a loan I believe the year was 2013
And that was a complete lemon. I had to fight them to take it back.

My credit score is around 690 and I didnt have any negative equity I think

Upgrade to Executive first. You’ll get the $700 gift card!

Yeah I realized that last night while reading on my phone…

Planning on getting a Terrain for myself in the next few months if I can get on the GM pull ahead and if Costco rebate is still there. Will def pay the $50 upgrade to get an extra $400.

My current VW lease is due in May of 2019 so alittle preliminarily to trade in. Waiting to see if March will have those crazy incentives GM runs.

Next time please hire a broker from this site. Spend $500 and save $5000 (at a minimum)

Not to rain on this parade but I guess by now the OP knows its a terrible deal they got.

I have exactly same car in a more preferred color personally (posted on the forum back in Feb/Mar) - $175 monthly with 0 sign and drive. IIRC, LH score was like 13.7 some.

don’t recommend but lol lol lol

Not going to bash your lease as you know what it is. You have a financial obligation for 36 months that most people will not touch and buy outs would be upside down at least $10k as you have noticed.

At this point, don’t look back just pay and drive unless you want to file BK. If you qualify for a lease pull ahead in 30 odd months, do a pull ahead lease AFTER finding your best options on this site.

What is a pull ahead lease?

Manufacturers sometimes can pay off a few of your remaining payments if you lease or buy another vehicle from them, not to be confused with dealer “pull ahead”, where they just add your payments to the new lease and you’re back where you started.

Personally, if my life was in jeopardy, I would rather put this money towards healthcare than this insane lease. You get more for your buck, if you know what I mean. Stop paying, let them repossess, save your cash, but get your equity loan before you do it.

Hey guys I went ahead and put an addition large sum on my lease. There is $10,150.93 left on the lease. I will be paying $720 a month now to knock the payments down. If anyone is interested let me know or keep following for more updates.

-Alex

Can’t see how anyone on here would be interested unless you pay them to take it with at least 200-210 cash a month for the vehicle life so in essence .6k. Like other posters say. Pray your car gets stolen…

Do we live in a Bizarro World? OP has high medical bills, wastes extra $300 a month.

We should close this? Not much more can be said…

1 Like

nice color. thats all I have to say

Most of Bill’s got sent to collection now so I’m only paying a couple dollars on them. I’d rather knock my car bill down to $0 so I can at least have that extra 470 month for bills.

Is that something your financial adviser suggested, because I would fire that guy. It doesn’t make sense to give away money so that you could “save” them years later.

1 Like

Can’t really close it since it’s a private lease transfer that hasn’t transferred yet. About the only thing we can do is move the “beat the dead horse” comments to the landfill moving forward. I’m not sure how many more times people feel that saying “this is a bad deal” is going to change something.

1 Like

If you are trying to get out of this why are you paying 8 months ahead of schedule, and basically paying an extra 50% per month towards it? There’s no benefit whatsoever, and if something happens to the car (which may not be the worst thing in the world in this case as long as nobody got hurt or did anything illegal to make it happen), you’re going to be out all that “extra” money you paid out. And I doubt that GMF will refinance a lease transfer based on additional payments made on the account. The payments will stay the same, but there would just be less of them, at least that’s how I think it works. You should have put that lump sum and the additional payments towards “principal” (??? This isn’t a mortgage so I don’t know if I’m using correct terminology) and offered it up as an incentive to get someone to take it, or at least have that money to draw down from to make the payments if something happened and you were in a jam. Just my two cents.